What film did you watch last night?

Primer - saw this after recommendations on here. Funky film, still not sure what happened but certainly enjoyed it! For anyone that has not heard of it it is a very low budget sort of home made film about how time travel would affect you if you actually could build a time machine. I think it was deliberately heavy on techno jargon to confuse the watcher which somehow added to the overall experience. 4/5

Watched 3 films over last 2 nights.

The hobbit :- 6/10 for my partner and I we were both disappointed, by the middle part our minds started to wonder and we were talking about what to have for lunch the next day. It didn't grip us, had no emotional attachment to any of the characters, and some dodgy looking cgi effects.

Lawless :- 4/10 boring, slow, didn't care for anybody in the film, really can't stand that Shia lebouf dude one bit.

Dredd :- 7.5/10 really enjoyed this, good action film that was nicely paced, more gorey than I expected. Dredds voice did annoy me thou, felt like he was doing a bale from batman at times lol.

Skyfall

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I do not know what to think. It was pretty good... beautifully shot and scored, but, the story felt like a piece of poo. The action sequences seemed to completely lack the grandeur of 'normal' Bond action sequences.

That whole sequence at the end, with the remote Scottish house, felt like some of the laziest Bond writing ever. Not mentioning that they killed a significant character (Dench) and the guy who took the shot was some no name extra with a role like 'Mercenary 1', that bugged me.

I thought it was fantastic and terrible at the same time. None of it felt very cohesive, it resembled a beautiful painting that the artist hadn't named or even finished.

6/10 (being generous to be honest)

Skyfall

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I do not know what to think. It was pretty good... beautifully shot and scored, but, the story felt like a piece of poo. The action sequences seemed to completely lack the grandeur of 'normal' Bond action sequences.

That whole sequence at the end, with the remote Scottish house, felt like some of the laziest Bond writing ever. Not mentioning that they killed a significant character (Dench) and the guy who took the shot was some no name extra with a role like 'Mercenary 1', that bugged me.

I thought it was fantastic and terrible at the same time. None of it felt very cohesive, it resembled a beautiful painting that the artist hadn't named or even finished.

6/10 (being generous to be honest)

I thought it was rubbish as well, it had none of the normal "panache" (a marmite thing agreed), the story was lackluster and was ridiculous. He allowed himself a shotgun and a stick or two of dynamite? Poorly thought through and a shame.

Though I can't stand that woman (Dench), such a miserable cow.

Chronicle 7/10

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I expected a shaky cam with bad special effects considering the budget but it turned out to be very well done.

I think people need to read up on Judi Dench, it doesn't contain spoilers but more of a reason why.

Dame Judi Dench has revealed she is battling to save her eyesight.

The James Bond Star, 77, has been diagnosed with macular degeneration which can lead to blindness.

In a deeply moving interview, Dame Judi said her sight is already so bad she cannot see faces in front of her and friends have to read scripts to her so she can learn her lines.

But she said she is determined not to let the condition beat her and hopes recent treatment has stopped the progressive decline.

She confessed: “I can’t read scripts any more because of the trouble with my eyes.

"And so somebody comes in and reads them to me, like telling me a story.

"It’s usually my daughter or my agent or a friend and actually I like that, because I sit there and imagine the story in my mind.

Last edited:
Skyfall - 6/10. In my opinion, not a real bond film, could just as easily of been an extended episode of spooks. I have always been curious what a bond film mainly set in the UK would be like and I was deeply disappointed.

Django Unchained: 8.5/10. Perhaps too long, ending seemed a bit naff to me, but certainly up to that point, very well acted. Christoph Waltz was superb and Leonardo DiCaprio gets a good mention, not overly fussed by Jamie Foxx's contribution but certainly not as note worthy as those two. It might be one of those films that would be better with another viewing at some point in the future.

The Hobbit in Imax 3D.

Imax is amazing. The sound was so loud and good the premier seats shook nicely with the bass and the picture was so sharp.

An amazing experience and worth the premier seats.

Back
Top Bottom