What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Jackass Forever. It brings back the nostalgia about them. Some stunts were pretty funny while a few others were borderline dangerous.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

King Richard - 5/10

Having zero interest in Tennis I threw it on randomly but actually really enjoyed the film. Was hugely let down by the ending as it focused so heavily on Venus and gave almost no screen time to Serena (the more successful of the two) then ended abruptly. Would have liked to have watched an extra 30 minutes showing the next stages of their career and ended on seeing Serena come-good.

The father (Richard) was hugely inspiration, if not a bit of a bell.

Soldato
Coda: 10/10. Absolutely brilliant. Haven't seen something as good as that in ages.
Morbius: 9/10. Really enjoyed it, not too long, the special effects were immense, and I didn't dislike Matt Smith in it as much as I thought I would.

Soldato
Saw King Richard recently. I do have a great interest in tennis, but the film is enjoyable for those without. Smith does a good job. Not sure if it's Oscar worthy but then they hand them out like toys in happy meals these days. As EVH said, we could have done with seeing more. It completely ignored Serena. It also ignored a fair bit of Richard's past with just one reference to his other kids.

The prestige 8.5/10
As such a serious lack of decent films around at the moment, watched this for about the fifth time. Just a great film, probably Christopher Nolan's best.

So much better that the incomprehensible guff that is Tenet.

Saw Prestige at the cinema on release. It's good, but I also really enjoyed 'The Illusionist' that came out at a similar time. A little more muted and less flash than The Prestige, but still decent, with Ed Norton, Paul Giamatti, and Jessica Biel.

Soldato
Fresh... (Disney +)

I found it very disturbing, Don't look up anything it about it, just watch it. I cant even give it a rating just to how uncomfortable it made me feel.

Watched this today and agree, good thriller/horror and some clever use of shots and pacing to make you feel uneasy without really knowing why.

7/10

Soldato
The Revenant. I remember hype about this when it came out and the subsequent Oscar nominations. I didn't find anything special about it at all. It wasn't a bad film, it was just run of the mill in terms of story. Leo is good, and it must be hard acting in the way he had to, but again his performance did't blow me away. Some nice landscapes but I've seen more vast landscapes in other places. I think Gibson's Apocalypto is better.

Soldato
Watched the first 10 minutes of ( the outfit ) turned it off, didnt like it even though i am a fan of the main actor.

Watched the first half hour of ( the irishman ) will continue watching this, its 3.5 hours long so im going to watch it in bit size amounts.
But i could tell from the first half hour that its good, De Niro still got that magic

Soldato
The Straight Story - 8/10

I've seen this before a couple of times ~20 years ago and it's still as good as ever. A strange film by David Lynch (and I mean strange in the way that it's a normal film released by Disney! which for Lynch is very weird :D ) Based on the true story of a 73 y/o man who decides to see his estranged brother of 10 years after he heard he's had a stroke, and travels the 370 miles to see him on a ride on lawnmower.

It's a slow, introspective film sad at times but overall uplifting about life, relationships and the human condition.

It's also quite poignant because the main lead, Richard Farnsworth, had terminal bone cancer during the filming of the movie, which was actually causing the paralysis of his legs rather than the arthritic hips of the eponymous character he was playing. He then went on and killed himself not that long after the filming ended because of the cancer :(

Soldato
Watched the Mad Max trilogy over the last three days. While I can't remember whether I liked them as a kid, they are quite, quite bad. The first film has some of the worst acting I've seen. The second is just a little better, and the final instalment isn't much better, but has Tina Turner in playing the 'bad guy' so gets a point for that.

Mad Max - 2/10
Mad Max 2 - 3/10
Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

Associate
Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (2022) - 4/10

Rather slow and boring with a politically oriented plot which throttles itself through its design choices.

There’s lots of spectacular looking CGI and special effects, but most of the action was in dark scenes which made it hard to see what was going on and for all the magic in the film, it had none of the awe or amazement of the Harry Potter films.

Some funny moments and the acting and music was ok, but the secrets were underwhelming and although the production value was high, the entertainment level was not.

Back
Top Bottom