What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
1/2 way through Ambulance.

Are we meant to care about the 2 main characters - because i don't!

We have the sob story of the Afghan vet with a wife with cancer - working dead end jobs, Government and insurance turning their back on them, yet within 2 mins he is on a bank heist, then shoots a cop and then takes hostages.

It's meant to be a fun ride, be in awe of their skills and moves to evade the police and ultimately rooting for them to escape - but tbh i hope Jake G and the brother both get wasted as they are ****** people :)

Will try and finish tonight.

One of the worst Ive watched in awhile

Soldato
Yup, Cameron wanted the story wrapped up in the second, but as always the lure of money had the studio make him use an ending that could go either way in regards to a sequel vs his preferred ending which finished the story. Just about every sequel with the exception of Terminator: dustbowl (salvation) has been more or less a retread of elements of T2.
True, tbh I was expecting a lot from the new one because of the involvement of Hamilton and Cameron but it was the worst possible result, no thought seam to have gone into it, just a quick pay check. just leave it for 10 or so year and try again.

Caporegime
True, tbh I was expecting a lot from the new one because of the involvement of Hamilton and Cameron but it was the worst possible result, no thought seam to have gone into it, just a quick pay check. just leave it for 10 or so year and try again.

Dark Fate could have been decent, but yet again it was basically a crappier T2 with a few more women thrown into the mix.

If they would make a movie about the future war we see in the flashbacks in the first 2 movies that might be the way to go, salvation had promise but the entire movie was a big empty dustbowl with about 3 t600's knocking about and not much else. And less said about the end fight the better, the t800 has connor in it's clutches, and instead of pulling his head off and ramming it up his ass it decided to play catch with him instead. Their entire mission is to kill him, and thats the only time in the franchise that a t800 has actually managed to get its hands on John Connor on screen and it just throws him...like wtf?

It's funny when you look at the terminator franchise, it seems that nomatter how advanced the terminators get, the t800 is still the one that gets the job done, when it's being the Guardian at least.

Cameron had involvement with Dark Fate but apparently him and Miller had big bustups behind the scenes about the movie, contrary to the "united front" they put on promoting it. When Cameron gets rid of his avatar boner maybe he can revist the franchise and get it back on track.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought it was his bro Jake that shot the cop no? I actually loved that movie but I watched it in an awesome theatre practically on my own. Good ol' fashioned action/chase movie. Too much drone, but hey. Eiza Gonzalez is pretty easy on the eyes too.
Just finished. Later in the movie Jake G is yelling at Will that because Will shot a cop he's going to jail for a long time and so to keep driving.

Not the best movie, but there were a few interesting sequences towards the end. The drone shots though were totally unnecessary and vomit inducing :D

Soldato
Dark Fate could have been decent, but yet again it was basically a crappier T2 with a few more women thrown into the mix.
I dont agree I thought it was just crappy with no thought to the story at all, many plot holes, I also dont see the point of changing the hero, they seam to have elements from all the past movies and glue them together hoping they would work.

If they would make a movie about the future war we see in the flashbacks in the first 2 movies that might be the way to go, salvation had promise but the entire movie was a big empty dustbowl with about 3 t600's knocking about and not much else. And less said about the end fight the better, the t800 has connor in it's clutches, and instead of pulling his head off and ramming it up his ass it decided to play catch with him instead. Their entire mission is to kill him, and thats the only time in the franchise that a t800 has actually managed to get its hands on John Connor on screen and it just throws him...like wtf?
That could be a idea, that what im saying the movie has no point to it, I thought could they not sent another further back to save him like they did in the first 2, also did they just kill him to make it female lead instead like all the other bad choices recently(fad)

It's funny when you look at the terminator franchise, it seems that nomatter how advanced the terminators get, the t800 is still the one that gets the job done, when it's being the Guardian at least.
I agree, I thought it would have been a great idea to have a repent for Schwarzenegger hes getting a little too old T-1000 upgrade so he can change features and replace him with someone else cena maybe or Dwayne Johnson.

Cameron had involvement with Dark Fate but apparently him and Miller had big bustups behind the scenes about the movie, contrary to the "united front" they put on promoting it. When Cameron gets rid of his avatar boner maybe he can revist the franchise and get it back on track.
That does explain a lot, you could be right he may come back to it after avatar but with so many failures after the first 2 he may not want to bother with it or at least not any time soon

Caporegime
I agree, I thought it would have been a great idea to have a repent for Schwarzenegger hes getting a little too old T-1000 upgrade so he can change features and replace him with someone else cena maybe or Dwayne Johnson.

That happened at the end of Genisys but it was up in the air as to how much of him was a t1000 since it was arnies head and torso that got chucked into the liquid metal, so potentially more of a TX with it being a combination of endo and liquid. Though we'll never know as they rebooted that reboot attempt with Dark Fate.

The franchise has been in a tail spin for a while now, it seems to need Cameron as writer and Director, otherwise it gets very "meh".

Caporegime
Death Wish (2018). https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1137450/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Not bad at all. I don't know how far Bruce Willis' aphasia had developed by then but it seemed like a credible performance.

I haven't seen many of his films since around the late 90s/early 2000s -possibly only Sin City and Planet Terror,
both of which I've seen once but recall enjoying, so it's difficult to make a comparison with his normal delivery and style.

I will have to check out the second Sin City movie. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Moonfall. A Roland Emmerich film, great entertainment.
Actually loved the scfi plot and hope they continue it, but doubt it will happen.
8/10 would watch again.

Are you high?! 8/10!!! Christ what score do you give a good film?!

It was terrible! I killed 2 hours or so on a plane for me, so that was about the only positive.

Soldato
Are you high?! 8/10!!! Christ what score do you give a good film?!

It was terrible! I killed 2 hours or so on a plane for me, so that was about the only positive.
Amazing isn't it, just imagine that different people like different things and for different reasons.

I happen to enjoy Roland Emmerich films.

Do you know I can't stand Star Wars but apparently that's a good film, I'd give it 2/10

Associate
Top Gun : Maverick , pretty much every cliche you could think of and if you didnt know what was going to happen 30 mins before it did happen you where probably asleep.
9/10 would have been 10/10 but the soundtrack is not a patch on the original , what i like to see at the cinema turn my brain off and enjoy the action.

Soldato
Death On The Nile - 3/10

Blame the wife for putting this on... Quite enjoyed Murder On The Orient Express, but this just seemed a hastily conceived wokeish attempt at a portrayal of the novel. The opening WWI trench warfare scene is tagged on to try and justify why Poirot sports a large moustache and seemingly has no interest in romantic encounters. The story muddles along but I had zero empathy for any of the characterizations. Can't remember ever reading the book but "whodunit" was pretty evident after the first twenty minutes. The main problem was Kenneth Branagh's forced Belgian French accent - half the time seemed he was mumbling and impossible to hear clearly what he was saying.

Also fairly apparent the "Nile" scenes were entirely CGI or studio shot, reading Wikipedia afterwards the entire movie was a studio shoot in the UK.

Well at least we only rented it, didn't splash out on the Blu-ray or god forbid 4K.

Back
Top Bottom