What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Triangle of Sadness

8/10

Thought it was brilliant for the most part. Some scenes dragged a bit, but I do love a bit of well crafted commentary/dark comedy on how broken our society and capitalism is.

Last edited:
Soldato
While flying back from holiday the other day, I watched Elvis - a solid 8/10. I have little interest in his music but the performances were so good I was totally drawn in and heavily invested throughout.

On a side note, if Austin Butler can channel the same intensity to his role as Feyd in the new Dune movie, he should be fantastic.

Soldato
The Covenant

Pretty rubbish

Falls into an odd gap where its not a cool action / stylish film (John Wick etc) and its far to unrealistic to be a gritty drama

The action parts are low budget and poorly filmed, Taliban bad guys just running around pew pew-ing and everyone getting headshots from miles away
its more like a tv series level of quality like Jack Ryan or something

Nothing that wasn't done better with Lone Survivor

meh / 10

Last edited:
Associate
1996's Big Night with a very young hairy Stanley Tucci. 7/10.
I do love the movie - it was his labour of love. Wrote and directed it - not sure if I remember correctly but he done it to get a proper role in a movie rather than just a Italian background role.

If you like food you do need to watch his Searching for Italy tv show.

Associate
I do love the movie - it was his labour of love. Wrote and directed it - not sure if I remember correctly but he done it to get a proper role in a movie rather than just a Italian background role.

He did it with Campbell Scott who plays the Cadillac salesman and is now known as the Tim Cook character in Jurassic World 3 travesty.

Associate
And Se

And have watched all Searching for Italy th seasons. Wonderful easy viewing.

Caporegime
Finally got round to seeing Renfield . 7/10

I Mean it was alright , I laughed out loud a bit but tbh it's fairly average. Nick cage was hilarious but that Awkwafina woman is .....bland, she's the same goofy character in everything.
Short and sweet but utterly disposable 90 mins.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah, i'm definitely still watching it but hadn't heard much about it here and the first thing I saw was a negative :)

Luckily I didn't watch the trailer for this, apparently its best if you don't, I guess it gives too much away. You could say it's a little predictable, but that doesn't make it a bad movie. Great performances from the two leads, and just a highly tense movie throughout.

Last edited:
Soldato
Luckily I didn't watch the trailer for this, apparently its best if you don't, I guess it gives too much away. I guess you can say its quite predictable, but that doesn't make it a bad movie. Great performances from the two leads, and just a highly tense movie throughout.
I saw the first trailer and rate JG very highly so knew I was interested. I think he's maturing into one of the great actors of our generation, been in some of the better movies of the last decade. (Prisoners, End of Watch, Nocturnal Animals)

Caporegime
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7131622/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

This is the second time I have seen this, and I was interested to see what I would think of it after another viewing.

Overall, I enjoyed it a fair bit the first time, and admittedly, although I never did check the plot out to begin with,
it does seem at times as if it's not really going anywhere in particular, though, that would seem to be the point of it.
Life can very much be like this, at least some of the time anyway, e.g. ups and downs/everyday shenanigans.

As for watching again, I still would recommend it if you're a fan of Tarantino movies and/or the cast involved,
though be prepared for a fairly lengthy film, but one that, if you stick with it, should deliver some amusing moments
and unexpected turns. :)

I think the star of the show is the dog.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom