What RAM are you getting/bought for Ryzen

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Do you think a system rebooting before bios a few times then starting at a lower speed is a sign of low voltage?

It is a memory training failure and the most common headache on ryzen. Can be caused by voltage being too low or too high on both DRAM and SOC as well as frequency too high or timings too tight. Takes a lot of patience to get past it.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
What RAM do you have ?

If it is Hynix based like Corsair LPX 3200 anything above 2933 is a bonus.

Bit of a mix actually.

I've got the team pro (2x8) which runs at 2933 without any problems.

I've also got 8gb Corsair hynix based RAM which runs at 2933 without any problems.

Problems are when I put them together. TBH I'm not expecting them to work together at 2933 but they work together (so all 4 slots) at 2133.

I was selling the 8gb but last night my wife was using the pc doing some work and she had a lot of tabs open, videos etc and memory utilisation was pretty high. Tempted to keep it now but ideally I'd like to run them at 2933.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
It is a memory training failure and the most common headache on ryzen. Can be caused by voltage being too low or too high on both DRAM and SOC as well as frequency too high or timings too tight. Takes a lot of patience to get past it.

Thanks. I haven't really played around much with the voltage so will up the SOC voltage and see where that gets me.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
A sensible effort would be 1.12v on SOC and 1.4 on RAM.

Enable XMP then drop tRC to 75 and tRFC to 500 or so and work from there...

Soldato
Bit of a mix actually.

I've got the team pro (2x8) which runs at 2933 without any problems.

I've also got 8gb Corsair hynix based RAM which runs at 2933 without any problems.

Problems are when I put them together. TBH I'm not expecting them to work together at 2933 but they work together (so all 4 slots) at 2133.

I was selling the 8gb but last night my wife was using the pc doing some work and she had a lot of tabs open, videos etc and memory utilisation was pretty high. Tempted to keep it now but ideally I'd like to run them at 2933.

That's unfortunate, probably best to save for 2 x 8GB , Samsung b die if in budget and then sell the others once you have it.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Hmm...I can only see dynamic vcore SOC which is set to auto. Max I can set it to is +0.300v

Find out what voltage auto is giving using hwinfo64 and then add to that to get to 1.125.

You are likely going to be at 1.0 or 1.1 under auto so adding as little as 0.0125 via dynamic offset.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Find out what voltage auto is giving using hwinfo64 and then add to that to get to 1.125.

You are likely going to be at 1.0 or 1.1 under auto so adding as little as 0.0125 via dynamic offset.

Didn't work, however I've got my system stable with the following:

Ryzen 3 1200 @3.5ghz (can get to 3.6 but temps go up a fair bit)
Team Group 16GB @ 3200mhz

It would have been nice to add the corsair to that as well, even running at 2933 but nothings getting it to work (both Corsair and the Team Group RAM will happily work side by side @ 2133). I'll stick with the 16GB and sell the 8GB Corsair (though there's no takers!)

thanks

Soldato
Is the cpu/mobo -> ram compatibility lottery over yet? I'm picking up an Asus AMD PRIME B350-PLUS with an R5 1600 and most of the ram i was looking at isn't on the compatibility list.

This is my first build of all new bits since my AXIA rig, so i'm out of touch with how fussy a new board can be.

Soldato
Is the cpu/mobo -> ram compatibility lottery over yet? I'm picking up an Asus AMD PRIME B350-PLUS with an R5 1600 and most of the ram i was looking at isn't on the compatibility list.

No. When in doubt, buy @8 Pack kits for guaranteed speeds, or anything that's definitely Samsung b-die. Gambling on anything less is... a gamble. Also do a bios update asap, it helps enormously.

That said, everything works at 2133, so if you're not arsed about the performance gap to higher memory frequencies, buy what you like :)

OcUK Staff
8 Pack Memory Range - CLICK HERE!

8 Pack memory should be your ONLY choice your current and latest AMD Ryzen and Intel Coffee Lake & Skylake-X builds, of course we will say this but it truly is the best memory out there and we guarantee Samsung B die which is not only the best overclocking modules on the planet they are also the most compatible and reliable. Even better for your convenience the 8 Pack kits are currently discounted on weekly offer until next Wednesday for your convenience. Its already outselling big brands within OcUK but so it should, it is simply SUPERIOR and the best memory we sell, the only real rival is G.Skill which cost more and offers no extra performance or OC headroom. 8 Pack FTW!!!

OcUK Staff
Which board??

Asus Strix or m6h pretty fine. Asrock Taichi fine. Really depends on board and Imc 32GB.

Check out some testing in future posts in this thread I am showing many boards working..

Soldato
Which board??

Asus Strix or m6h pretty fine. Asrock Taichi fine. Really depends on board and Imc 32GB.

Check out some testing in future posts in this thread I am showing many boards working..

Already bought some anyhow. Seeing as you endorse them, Thought Id give them a go
CH6Hero 1701 Bios Currently @

CPU-Z

Bios is reporting 3200Mhz but I cant work out what CPU-z is telling me.

Soldato
That's correct you are at 3200, you have to double the DRAM frequency figure.

I find the 9920 BIOS works best on the CH6. All I did was choose the stilts 3466 memory profile that is built into the BIOS, chose the 3466 divider and rebooted. It has been completely stable at 3466 c15 ever since.

You can also stay with DOCP and choose the 3333 memory divider which worked fine for me giving 3333 c14.

3200 is fine either way.

Soldato
I'm happy with these temps. I know I'm not massively stressing everything..I'll probably get to that part at some point

[
url=https://flic.kr/p/ZbDMcQ]
37532871946_dd09162cd6_k.jpg
[/url]
Orthos Blend 4hrs

Back
Top Bottom