Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Associate
its a 2.3 mazda duratec block. Standard rods/pistons for now.

2.3/Newman 278 Cams/Copy cosworth inlet/Full EX/Air Filter/64mm TB/JS map

The real difference is the torque, same spec 2ltrs are about 145-160lbft. Also more to come when I get the other ECU working.

Associate
Am I correct in saying the ability to change the ambient lighting is only available on the U.S. models?

You are indeed correct.

You can change the bulbs fairly easily to a different colour if you want though.

Most of it is red, but the footwell lights are white (only come on with door though for obvious reasons), so I'll probably buy a set of red LEDs for them off ebay for £2.99 and make it all red.

Caporegime
Yup. I have changed my footwell lights to red led bulbs. It looks much better as they match all the other ambient lighting now.

The other "mod" i have done is the stiched leather armrest wrap to make it match the seats.

Associate
Yup. I have changed my footwell lights to red led bulbs. It looks much better as they match all the other ambient lighting now.

The other "mod" i have done is the stiched leather armrest wrap to make it match the seats.

Would love to see some photos of that when you get a chance!

Caporegime
Here you go.

Armrest leather wrap:

Red LED footwell lights:

They are not the best photos as it was dark and I only used my phone so sorry about that but you get the idea at least -

Soldato
I've just ordered an ST-3 in spirit blue with the style pack from my local Ford Dealer. There was one in the spec I wanted sitting in a holding yard in Belgium so I should have it in 3-4 weeks :) . Only had my Alfa 156 GTA for a few months but decided in the end that overall costs for a new Fiesta vs the Alfa should be similar. Totally different cars and I love the Alfa (it's worth it for the Busso V6 alone) but I love small hot hatches so couldn't resist. I'm already looking at the Mountune site, the MP215, roll restrictor and sport springs are already tempting me...

Caporegime
One thing I do like about this and something I have noticed recently as the sun has got lower in the sky, is that the sat nav screen is really nicely tucked away and well shaded. I have been in some cars recently that have the usual "tablet stuck on dashboard" thing going on and when the sun is bright and low it is a struggle to see the screen.

I am glad Ford kept it in a sort of alcove still.

Associate
Caporegime
Very nice Jono! Got any guides on how to install or where to buy the bulbs?

Armrest cover is from here - http://www.redlinegoods.com/Fiesta11shiftboot.php. They often have 20% discount codes.It cost me under £30 delivered I think. The best match is knappa leather with silver stitching. There is a lot of info on www.fiestastoc.com .Can be fiddly. I would recommend using a glue gun. The armrest part that you wrap just screws off though so you don't have to risk getting glue all over your nice new car!

Bulbs were just from ebay for like a pound or two. Make sure you get ones that sort of spread the light ( ie not just single LED bulbs otherwise you might get a spotlight effect). You literally just pull the old bulbs out from the footwells and replace. Takes 2 seconds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing coming up on the website now for it. I have been looking at ST's for the last few weeks, this wasn't a spirit blue one at £12499 was it?

I was going to see that one if it was but at the last minute changed my mind and went for a white ST-3;)

It is still on the site on page 6 and it was a white st-2.

I found the original owners phone number on an auto glass receipt in the paperwork I was given, so I gave him a ring, he told me the mileage in genuine, it has had 2 services and 2 oil changes in between each service, me spent £200 on the induction kit, £350 on the inter cooler and £600 on the exhaust which has been removed, he also got the rear engine mount mod done. So that has put my mind to rest, car has never seen a track and has been well looked after so I am happy.

Caporegime
All I need to do now is find a card for the sat nav, if any of you guys have any idea were I could get one from cheap, please feel free to let me know.

Presumably it has sat nav added as an option as the ST2 doesn't have sat nav?

If so, why would the previous owner take the sat nav card?

Edit - actually looking at the picture it does look like it has sat nav as it has the bigger screen.

Soldato
It does have mate and the previous owner has confirmed it, he said card was in when he sold it, so it's gone awol somewere lol. It was not advertised as having sat nav for that reason.

Soldato
Armrest cover is from here - http://www.redlinegoods.com/Fiesta11shiftboot.php. They often have 20% discount codes.It cost me under £30 delivered I think. The best match is knappa leather with silver stitching. There is a lot of info on www.fiestastoc.com .Can be fiddly. I would recommend using a glue gun. The armrest part that you wrap just screws off though so you don't have to risk getting glue all over your nice new car!

Looks good and better than the plastic lid on there from factory.

Redline is coming up with a 10% code now and free shipping which is working out at £39.

Back
Top Bottom