Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
To all the people who enjoy pork based meat

What we need are some proper cannibals, and where better to start than one of Germany's most infamous citizens, the cannibal Armin Meiwes. Having eaten an estimated 20kg of his victim, Meiwes is something of an expert on the subject, and in an interview from his prison cell he was more than happy to explain the taste: "The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good."

:D

Caporegime
What a surprise, vegan finds pro vegan article lol If you think that the current pro vegan anti meat agenda actually has anything to do with improving health you are sorely mistaken. It's all about profits, through these ultra processed foods. Thanks but no thanks.

Oh we go to the toilet far better than Vegans do, for starters because our crap doesn't come out of our mouths! :cry: But also as it turns out the body doesn't need fibre. Fat is the natural lubricant of the bowel, I go roughly once a day or every other day. I guarantee there's a lot less volume because what we eat is more bioavailable and we're not dumping mountains of indigestible crud.
I go at least once a day, often twice a day.

I eat meat and get enough fibre, you can have a balanced diet without cutting out meat.

To all the people who enjoy pork based meat

:D

This is the kind of "oh look!" attitude that gives vegans a bad name. You think someone who eats pork reads that and thinks "I am eating humans'?

Noooo, they probably going to get another pork chop for dinner to spite you. What you've done is the reverse, to make people eat more meat. You've been told countless times that the way you are doing it is wrong. Yet you are STILL doing it the same way to convince people?

Pigeons learn faster than you. (Friends reference)

p.s. pigeons taste quite nice.

Caporegime
I used to work with a guy who was a vegan, he'd spend ages banging on about it to me and everytime I pointed out the hypocrisy of the fact that he was wearing a leather belt and had leather in his shoes , he'd get very angry and defensive.

It was his own fault really, I had no issue with him wanting to be vegan, just as I have no issue with anyone who wants to believe in a God , or that the Earth is flat, or that we have aliens visiting us in UFOs, or that there are ghosts, or climate change or whatever thing they are backing. I firmly think that everyone should be free to believe in whatever morals or principles or thoughts they want, but the moment they start to dictate those onto me (or perhaps AT would be the more applicable word) thats when it gets my back up. I'm happy to let anyone think/believe whatever they want, I dont try and make them change their mind, all I ask is that same attitude is given to me too.
This needs to be quoted.

Soldato
Apart from the odd home made fried rice dish, nothing I eat has rice in it

Based on what ? Care to show some actual science and figures to support your absurd claim
So you eat food that is worse for the environment then meat so much for your morally superior attitude.

I have already given you links showing how methane from the vegetarian industry is x30 more damaging then co2. There have been plenty of scientific studies into it along with more like below

"Vegetarians Cause More Greenhouse Gas Emissions Than Meat Eaters: The Worst Foods For The Environment, According To The USDA"

"Vegetarians could be destroying the environment, ironically worse than their meat-eater counterparts. Researchers at Carnegie Mellon took a closer look at foods recommended by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and discovered fruits, vegetables, dairy, and seafood is more harmful to the environment than red meat. Their study, published in the journal Environment Systems and Decisions, explains how healthy foods require greater amounts of resources and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions per calorie."

Soldato
Did you even read the paper ?

Dairy, by far, has the greatest impact on increased GHG emissions because it has the third highest emissions intensity value, which is then compounded by USDA rec-ommendations for substantial increases in dairy. Fish/sea-food is the second most driving force behind increased GHG emissions

I don't think you really understand what it's saying, all these studies are based on calorific equivalent, do you understand that a plate full of vegetables is going to have less calories than a plate full of meat ? When people substitute veg for meat they're not ending up eating 2 plates of veg vs their 1 plate when it was meat & veg to reach calorie parity, they're resulting in fewer calories being consumed which makes the 6% increase in GHG moot if the overall calorie reduction is more than that 6%

The environmental impact of meat versus vegetables is staggering. A serving size of meat compared to a serving size of vegetables is linked to 20 times more greenhouse gas emissions. It also takes 100 times the amount of land as consuming vegetables. Unprocessed red meat has twice the water impact of nuts.

This paper calculates this with unprecedented accuracy. The research finds that the use of cows, pigs and other animals for food, as well as livestock feed, is responsible for 57% of all food production emissions. The difference in emissions between meat and plant production is stark – to produce 1kg of wheat, 2.5kg of greenhouse gases are emitted, on average. A single kilo of beef, meanwhile, creates 70kg of emissions.

As for land useage which is also an issue

Animal agriculture takes up 77% of all agricultural land on Earth despite supplying only 17% of humanity’s food supply.11 This inefficiency drives the need for agricultural expansion, which is the single largest driver of ecosystem damage on land.12

Fishing, whose yield can also be replaced with plant-based products, is the single largest driver of
ecosystem damage in the oceans.12 Although pigs and chickens always require feed crops, cows can graze in some places where crops can’t grow. However, there is only enough pasture in the United States to support 27% of current beef production, and that includes the grass growing where crops otherwise could.13 Grass-fed meat alone cannot feed America.

In contrast, using all our cropland to grow food for humans instead of animals would allow American
farmers to feed more than twice as many people.14,15 That would increase the food supply three times as much as recovering all the food that spoils or gets thrown away before it can be eaten.15 Plant-based meat offers a promising pathway toward realizing most of this efficiency gain.

That's a whole lot of land being fertilized and adding to the No3 problem you mention, only 33% of agricultural land is used for plant industry (minus the stuff for animal feed) Guess what you could use the land for ? Forests which will yield in an even greater reduction of Co2, part of the problem we have with Co2 is deforestation in order for people to contribute to the meat industry in the likes of Brazil

Soldato
which is a pretty weak response because as you point out, being an omnivore you can become vegan.
With a bit of help on the B12 yeah it is possible.
I am not vegan as I enjoy all the variations of food made with and without animal products.
It isn't just about the meat, I like milk in coffee, I like to eat cheese (happen to take lactofree variants of both but still delight in them) I love sweets made with gelatine, and sauces for food.
I love sushi, delight in a medium rare ribeye, this is pretty much why i am not vegan, I just love food far too much.

Soldato
OP
I used to work with a guy who was a vegan, he'd spend ages banging on about it to me and everytime I pointed out the hypocrisy of the fact that he was wearing a leather belt and had leather in his shoes , he'd get very angry and defensive.

He should have said, "****, you're right, thanks for pointing that out to me" I find that a bit weird that he bothered to go vegan but didnt consider leather, it was the next thing I thought about after stopping eating dairy.

What a surprise, vegan finds pro vegan article lol If you think that the current pro vegan anti meat agenda actually has anything to do with improving health you are sorely mistaken. It's all about profits, through these ultra processed foods. Thanks but no thanks.

Oh we go to the toilet far better than Vegans do, for starters because our crap doesn't come out of our mouths! :cry: But also as it turns out the body doesn't need fibre. Fat is the natural lubricant of the bowel, I go roughly once a day or every other day. I guarantee there's a lot less volume because what we eat is more bioavailable and we're not dumping mountains of indigestible crud.

Uhh, the 'The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' who did the study isn't "pro vegan" at all.

Yea, rice, legumes, beans, bread, potatoes, nuts & seeds and vegetables are sooooo ultra processed.

Cool, Well enjoy your bowel cancer I guess :confused:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
He should have said, "****, you're right, thanks for pointing that out to me" I find that a bit weird that he bothered to go vegan but didnt consider leather, it was the next thing I thought about after stopping eating dairy.
I suspected at the time, and still believe, that most likely answer to that is that he was "vegan" rather than vegan. That he was in effect virtue signalling and waving a "look at me, arent I noble and just" flag rather than being true to the vegan belief. I never saw his home or his car but I'll bet money right now that he also had leathers or other animal products in his home and car (the steering wheel covering for a start) and probably somewhere on the cars upholstery and no doubt somewhere on his furniture. Then again I guess that should be no surprise, there are A LOT of people out there who do just enough to enable them to pop on a halo and preach at others rather than truly going all in on their supposed belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom