Windows 10

Just seen the announcement about Windows 10 now being able to stream games from Xbox ONE.... from?!

I suppose if your Windows 10 device is a laptop or tablet or something then perhaps it makes sense - as why would anyone who owns a proper desktop PC want to stream games from an inferior machine?

But what I don't get is why not make the tech work the other way around i.e. as an Xbox ONE owner you can use it to stream games from your Desktop PC to the console and play them on there... If nothing else it would have certainly have been a tactical move to compete with Valve's imminent release of a similar sort of tech (Steam-link)...

Just seen the announcement about Windows 10 now being able to stream games from Xbox ONE.... from?!

I suppose if your Windows 10 device is a laptop or tablet or something then perhaps it makes sense - as why would anyone who owns a proper desktop PC want to stream games from an inferior machine?

But what I don't get is why not make the tech work the other way around i.e. as an Xbox ONE owner you can use it to stream games from your Desktop PC to the console and play them on there... If nothing else it would have certainly have been a tactical move to compete with Valve's imminent release of a similar sort of tech (Steam-link)...

In my situation if the missus is watching Eastenders or some other rubbish on our main TV I can still play Xbox games instead of being limited to what is on the PC.

As far as going from PC to Xbox I can't imagine that there is a technical reason why not as my graphics card is idle during game streaming and the processor is at 25% or less, so it certainly isn't demanding.

I think that you have nailed the exact point in your post.

The main point is for people with low powered PCs to play Xbox games, and free up their TV for people who may wish to use it for TV and other things (i.e. families with kids who have the Xbox connected to the living room TV).

And theres no point in trying to compete with Steam, as as Steam already have that market and the Xbox One to PC is something only MS can do, and can have full control over. And also, why would Microsoft want to facilitate you playing your £20 PC game on your Xbox rather than just making you buy the £40 Xbox version of it instead :p

Upgraded mine to full version yesterday. No watermark and showing as permanently activated. I was still getting the issue of if another user was logged in, RuntimeBroker.exe would be hammering the resources (CPU 60-80% and stacks of ram). Did a complete refresh and this fixed this issue, but now the damned start search doesnt work.:mad:

Upgraded mine to full version yesterday. No watermark and showing as permanently activated. I was still getting the issue of if another user was logged in, RuntimeBroker.exe would be hammering the resources (CPU 60-80% and stacks of ram). Did a complete refresh and this fixed this issue, but now the damned start search doesnt work.:mad:

I had a bit of an issue with the screens not turning off when the system was locked oddly enough. After a lot of cursing, I restarted the system, which then proceeded to work perfectly.

Cannot say I have had any issue with Runtimebroker.exe. How many users do you have? Might be worth turning off multi-user support if you are the only user to see it that ammends the issue?

I had a bit of an issue with the screens not turning off when the system was locked oddly enough. After a lot of cursing, I restarted the system, which then proceeded to work perfectly.

Cannot say I have had any issue with Runtimebroker.exe. How many users do you have? Might be worth turning off multi-user support if you are the only user to see it that ammends the issue?

Only have 3 users, the wife and my lad. Runtimebrooker issue has gone away for now. Its just this search no longer working. Rebooted around 10 times, even tried sfc /scannow which found nothing wrong either.

And theres no point in trying to compete with Steam, as as Steam already have that market and the Xbox One to PC is something only MS can do, and can have full control over. And also, why would Microsoft want to facilitate you playing your £20 PC game on your Xbox rather than just making you buy the £40 Xbox version of it instead :p

Touche sir... :rolleyes: Touche...

Only have 3 users, the wife and my lad. Runtimebrooker issue has gone away for now. Its just this search no longer working. Rebooted around 10 times, even tried sfc /scannow which found nothing wrong either.

Checked on the search/indexing service also?

Tried running SFC in safe mode?

EDIT: Took me about 10 mins to get my ISO, not even that. :p :D

Last edited:
Am I correct in thinking windows 10 automatically installs drivers and updates...even if you don't want them? Im talking about graphic card driver updates as well because that would be a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom