Windows 10

For those who have pre loaded, what did you do to pre load?

Did it automatically prompt when turning on the pc or did you open the windows reservation button in the tray and it prompted from there?

For those who have pre loaded, what did you do to pre load?

Did it automatically prompt when turning on the pc or did you open the windows reservation button in the tray and it prompted from there?

I didn't receive a prompt. I don't know if it's necessary to tell Windows Update to check for updates.

Use Task Manager to keep an eye on the ethernet network traffic.

My little, nearly full 120GB ssd went red today after downloading a ton of stuff its showing low space warning.. Looks like i have the files too. All happened around 7am this morning looking at logs.

Turns out that Win10 was automatically setting the DPI to 150% when switching to the projector. Someone on technet said this is a feature... for large screens or something like that. I am not sure why it would down set the DPI on purpose to what seems like a lower setting. At least now i can put it back to 100% and have 1080p on my projector.

I was experiencing that black graphical problem on firefox but that looks like its been fixed with a recent update, as not happened since. For me that is every problem fixed if the black graphic problem is fixed.

I'm still having problems signing up to the Insider preview "Fix Me" thing in Windows updates.

Stuck Wireshark on the machine and I can see the requests going out to 131.253.61.96 on port 443, I can telnet to that port and it's open, but does the Sign In ever complete? Does it hell. Really odd.

If I was to do an upgrade from the RTM link above then a clean install afterwards would that still work with the insider program not taking on new PCs?

It worked for me though I was registered with the insider program before they stopped accepting new PCs but I didn't actually do the upgrade till after they stopped.

It worked for me though I was registered with the insider program before they stopped accepting new PCs but I didn't actually do the upgrade till after they stopped.

Perfect, exactly the answer was looking for. I registered ages ago but never bothered to upgrade at the time due to reports of how buggy it was.

Now I really need to do an OS reinstall so wanted to go this route rather than stick 8.1 on and have to do the fresh install shortly after.

Will probably do the upgrade tonight ready :)

EDIT: just tried the installer for the RTM build to take a look and asks for a product key, would i simply enter my 8.1 key here?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom