WINTER 2018/2019 - Chat thread!

Soldato
It was bloody cold this morning in Edinburgh, 06:30 ish when I took the cat for her walk, still it is the end of October and long past the time when it should have been colder.

Soldato
Wind made it colder here today but this will pass it a few days.

I don't mind the winter but If I had to pick it would be the summer out of the two.

Soldato
Was very fresh here in NW Wales this morning. There's snow on the Carneddau.

It was blowing a strong north-easterly over night. I went for a stroll in the woods at around 5am, it was fantastic.

Last edited:
Soldato
4ºC here in North Wales. Log burner on for the first time this year and hopefully last lawn mowing but I have a feeling there will be at least one more yet.

Soldato
Yep quite windy. Was just off the summit of Drum to get out of the worst of it.

Walked up to Foel Fras after sunset and there was a fair bit of snow and a right gale up there. Came back down just by moonlight though was a nice night overall!

Were you just above Llyn Anafon (to your right in the photo)? Nice spot.

You didn't fancy carrying on up to Llywelyn? :p (I don't blame you!)

Brr, it must be cold this morning - my CPU/GPU temps are only 24/23 deg C. I've never seen them that low - about 10 deg C lower than normal.

Similar here, my PC loves this weather. Unfortunately for it however, I will be lighting a fire shortly. :)

wintersystemtemps.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Why has it become so cold so quick?

Someone off me now, i'm done. I hate winter..... i'm not exactly HUGE fan of boiling either. Seems the UK is one extreme to the next.....

Man of Honour
Why has it become so cold so quick?

Could be an interesting winter from that perspective - there is quite a lot of cold potential but still enough warmth being drawn up from the south/Atlantic to potentially keep it mild through much of the winter but if that lets go it could really let the cold in.

Being into a solar minimum and with quite a bit of polar disturbance at the moment with the SSW event earlier in the year and potential for another one within the next few months it will get very cold give a chance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Were you just above Llyn Anafon (to your right in the photo)? Nice spot.

You didn't fancy carrying on up to Llywelyn? :p (I don't blame you!)
Yeah that's the spot. Had a cracking view out over the Strait, visibility was pretty amazing.

Only had my trail shoes on (goretex admittedly but still) and no gaiters so didn't fancy wading through what looked like a fair bit of snow up there. Plenty of time for that this winter :)

Back
Top Bottom