WINTER 2018/2019 - Chat thread!

Soldato
I seem to get funny comments or people talking to the other half as to why it's -5 or lower and I'm outside deicing the car in just t-shirt. So far this year I have been fine and no need for a jumper or anything else yet
Dampness effects how much you feel the cold

Caporegime
I'd happily have a long deep cold winter. I'll take snow, ice, and long periods of freezing temps over mild damp dreary and dull all day long.
The recent cooler temps and brief adverse conditions have been having recently are truly heart warming after a long summer, that start to the summer for me was unbearable. I have longed for the days where I can start putting on my big coat, thick trousers and boots. and dont get me started on the nights drawing in, love this time of year but I love winter even better, bring on the change of the clocks!!!

Please let this winter be a one to remember!

You’re insane :p

Last edited:
Associate
I'm planning on going to Trondheim, Norway at the beginning of next year. Whatever we get here will just be a way to ease me in to what I hope it'll be like in Trondheim. It was still snowing and struggling to get above freezing in Bergen at the beginning of March this year (although I think I caught the very last snow Bergen had for last winter), so I'll be disappointed if Trondheim isn't a bit more wintery than that.

I didn't get stuck in the car during the last few rounds of snow we had here and I've got clothes that shrug off even Norwegian winter weather, so roll on the snow days.

Man of Honour
Not cold enough to break out my jacket, not warm enough for my normal clothes! I hate autumn.

Anyone tried one of those uni qlo down jackets? I need something warm but not too warm.

cold weather put a jumper on hot weather nothing much you can do. just take it.

Show some skin, get a cold drink, swim, go somewhere with AC?

Soldato
I'd happily have a long deep cold winter. I'll take snow, ice, and long periods of freezing temps over mild damp dreary and dull all day long.
The recent cooler temps and brief adverse conditions have been having recently are truly heart warming after a long summer, that start to the summer for me was unbearable. I have longed for the days where I can start putting on my big coat, thick trousers and boots. and dont get me started on the nights drawing in, love this time of year but I love winter even better, bring on the change of the clocks!!!

an admirable manifesto. A good winter kills off weeds and rats and is part of why UK is not subject to termites and other destructive elements

Soldato
Notably chillier out this morning. As much as I like the fine weather, I do enjoy the colder months. Just need some strong winds to blow a few trees down so I can top-up my firewood.

Back
Top Bottom