World Cup 2010 - GROUP C (England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia) **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
God I hope not. He was appalling when he came in, he should never have been brought back.

I'd actually rather see Dawson play, as at least he appears fairly mobile if nothing else. He'll just have to play off Terry, let him do all the work, and clear everything else.

Upson is obviously first choice if King is out though, which I'm happy with.

Carragher was solid enough against Algeria, but that was Algeria...
Upson was a bit shaking yesterday, but that was probably nerves as it was his first WC game. He improved as it went on, and does seem to have more pace than Carragher. Experience(carragher has played in some huge club games) vs pace....

Soldato
Erm...that's women which tbh, is irrelevant and yes, nice goal from the German player last night, but Ghana gave him too much space, England wouldn't. Let's face it, the German side isn't German except like 3...Get a real national team before you ask for favours from other countries.

lol. At least we have a manager born in Germany and not some foreigner. :p

Man of Honour
Carragher was solid enough against Algeria, but that was Algeria...

Except he wasn't, he looked shaky and out of position on numerous occasions, and that was Algeria...

Upson was a bit shaking yesterday, but that was probably nerves as it was his first WC game. He improved as it went on, and does seem to have more pace than Carragher. Experience(carragher has played in some huge club games) vs pace....

Upson has more recent international experience than Carragher.

Relevant experience and pace vs non-relevant (or at least less relevant) domestic experience...

Associate
Agree with Gilly.

I don't want Carragher WWE type wrestling matches with opposition forwards in or near our box cos he can't match them for pace or has been caught on the wrong side of them.

I think that Dawson would be the more mobile choice but he's untested alongside Terry.

So that leaves Upson who really didn't do too badly last time out lets face it.

Soldato
personally don't think the german's have looked that good, whereas england haven't been performing yet we got through, England v Germany world cup knockout, i think rooney's going to ******* terrorize them, Terry and Gerrard will be fueld by patriotic insanity and its going to be 2-0 Rooney and Lampard to score.

previous form means very little when it comes to the knockout stage for me, and if we do go on that, then germany still don't look that good.

Associate
The only thing that worries us about the Germans is bloody penalties !

They really shouldn't worry us at all as we should beat them in open play without resorting to penalties.

Soldato
The England squad consists of 23 English born players, Germany have 2 Polish born strikers and a midfielder, along with a Brazilian midfielder and a Serbian winger... :p

and your point is? :p

Germany have played better football. I've watched all 6 games and Germany have put on the better performance. Both teams didn't do great in their second games however.

Caporegime
Germany have played better football. I've watched all 6 games and Germany have put on the better performance. Both teams didn't do great in their second games however.

I know I'm supposed to say "Go England", but whatever. Germany is playing better football, and I'm 99% certain they'll beat us, deservedly.

It's time to realise that this "golden generation" of ours is a media invention. The only thing "world-class" about the England team is their 7-digit salaries. And that's hard to swallow at a time when many people are struggling financially.

Caporegime
Didn't do too great ? Errrr you lost :D:D

England, despite not losing were utterly ****ing dreadful, in a really weak group. Second! In a group that poor.

Even in the last game, I didn't think England played "that" well, they just looked good as Slovenia game them more time / space on the ball then Algeria / USA.

Against hard working / organised midfields (Algeria, Mexico, Japan, USA, Egypt, Brazil, Spain) have all completely taken the English midfield out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom