World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Exactly. Had the Freesync one work exactly like the g-sync but with one less fan and firmware upgrade plus cheaper then it would be a no brainer. But that is not the case.

I would give it time for the dust to settle if you are concerned about any of the reports so far.

The 10bit HDR, I really see as exaggerated. The way that graphics cards get round the data rate problem is ingenious and really I for one can't see the difference. As for the flickering, I can't comment, I am using NVIDIA, but I am assuming that at some stage there will be a firmware update. Having said that, as I said before, I am waiting for someone to text the 7900xtx with F before I rush out and buy a new graphics card!

I am not sure about some of the comments about the user interface since it seems to have changed since Linus did his video. More info to follow, I guess...

This is probably just the electronics lottery. The power supply for both monitors is built in to the monitor, so it's probably that. I have a TV that does that. You may find that it changes tone or gets louder when the monitor tries to display brighter screens. Whether you replace it is up to you. Personally I never use mine unless there is background noise so it wouldn't worry me too much.
Yeah I was using mine earlier just browsing and it was giving me a headache. With music on or gaming it won't be noticed.

I would give it time for the dust to settle if you are concerned about any of the reports so far.

The 10bit HDR, I really see as exaggerated. The way that graphics cards get round the data rate problem is ingenious and really I for one can't see the difference. As for the flickering, I can't comment, I am using NVIDIA, but I am assuming that at some stage there will be a firmware update. Having said that, as I said before, I am waiting for someone to text the 7900xtx with F before I rush out and buy a new graphics card!

I am not sure about some of the comments about the user interface since it seems to have changed since Linus did his video. More info to follow, I guess...

I have had the G-Sync one for at least 6 months now, so no need to wait :p

Mine has just shipped. I already have a aw3423dw but wanted a aw3423dwf as well as its better for console gaming due to the hdmi 2.1. Will do some comparisons!

Mine has just shipped. I already have a aw3423dw but wanted a aw3423dwf as well as its better for console gaming due to the hdmi 2.1. Will do some comparisons!

What I would be interested in, is if anyone finds an explanation of the various HDR modes in the F model.

Wow! I have just setup my new DWF.. absolutely amazing monitor!!!

I have enabled HDR in Windows and set the Windows refresh rate to 164.9 Hz.

I have also enabled HDR in Microsoft Flight Simulator and it is INCREDIBLE - sunsets so vivid and beautiful.

What should I do next in terms of setup? My GPU is an RTX 3080.

Last edited:
Was hoping to keep my 27GL850 as a secondary next to this monitor... they just aren't on a level that can sit next to each other, holy poop. Gonna get stuck into the MW2 campaign now this has arrived. Never experienced HDR in games before either...Wish me luck :D

Edit: I got flashbanged in game, and then in real life as a result :cry:

Last edited:
Was hoping to keep my 27GL850 as a secondary next to this monitor... they just aren't on a level that can sit next to each other, holy poop. Gonna get stuck into the MW2 campaign now this has arrived. Never experienced HDR in games before either...Wish me luck :D

Edit: I got flashbanged in game, and then in real life as a result :cry:
I do have my 27GL850 as second monitor, I found that for SDR and mrk's orignal 53 brightness settings, having the 27GL850 at gamer 1, 15 brightness, 70 contrast, mode 3 gamma, and 6500K makes them very close. That's a huge reduction in brightness for me.

Last edited:
HDMI 2.1 makes no difference that I'm aware of at this resolution and refresh rate. But then, I've not really looked into using it with a console, that's what a big TV is for :D

Last edited:
I was under the impression there was a warranty for this with Samsung? I can't remember where now, but someone messaged them to get a confirmation before buying apparently.

Not sure, all I know is there is no mention of it outside of one year warranty on the official product page though probably been 3 weeks since I last looked.

Last edited:
Not sure, all I know is there is no mention of it outside of one year warranty on the official product page though probably been 3 weeks since I last looked.
Yeah, I think it was one of the customer revirews on the samsung page that made the claim that they messaged Samsung first about if there was Burnin Warranty and they confirmed it does before they splashed out on it. Obviously of course that's just one instance of such a claim, so it could be wrong, or just someone trolling others. But I remember reading that there.

Back
Top Bottom