**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
Good question. WiFi calling and volte all good. Wondamobile did make it clear that Samsung pay would not work. So no good for you. I don’t use it so it didn’t bother me. I heard 5G does work. UK uses N78 band and this phone supports that band. we don’t have it yet where I live so I cannot confirm yet
I’ve read that Samsung have disabled 5G on the SD version outside of the regions it’s designed for - will dig out the XDA post.

Associate
As I live in UK I had the exynos version of the s20+. Performance, battery life and camera were terrible not to mention the overheating, so I returned the phone. I then got the snapdragon s20+ and the difference is night and day. You see an instant improvement in performance and battery over the exynos version. No overheating. In the snapdragon s20+ they use Sony sensor and not the Isocell one found in the exynos phone. The photos taken with Sony sensor are sharper with more realistic colours.

why do Samsung force the exynos versions on us in Europe. I am glad I was able to get the snapdragon variant it a far better phone than the crappy version they want us to buy here. No wonder they are not using the exynos chip in their home market of South Korea, that speaks volumes

Sssh people on here seem to think the differences aren't noticeable and its all a myth, and then critisicise you for pointing out this is being talked about in lots of places and you feel a bit hard done by. Even though Samsung pulled the exynos version from South Korea, that speaks volumes and even their shareholders are questioning why they sell the exynos version elsewhere in the world.

Associate
Sssh people on here seem to think the differences aren't noticeable and its all a myth, and then critisicise you for pointing out this is being talked about in lots of places and you feel a bit hard done by. Even though Samsung pulled the exynos version from South Korea, that speaks volumes and even their shareholders are questioning why they sell the exynos version elsewhere in the world.
Yeah I was only trying to point out that people don’t have to buy the exynos version. Why did Samsung switch to the snapdragon in their home market South Korea. Doesn’t that make people suspicious?

Soldato
Warranty concerns are the big issue when you import an SD version. You might never need a repair, in which case you got a better version of the phone and probably saved a couple of hundred quid.

If the phone develops a fault on an import, it'll require time and effort to get it resolved and ultimately no guarantee it'll work in your favour.

Of course Samsung could just offer a warranty no matter where you bought the phone (like Apple), but that would be far too much like fairness.

Associate
Yeah I was only trying to point out that people don’t have to buy the exynos version. Why did Samsung switch to the snapdragon in their home market South Korea. Doesn’t that make people suspicious?

Probably because it would cause uproar with their countrymen, and would look bad on them to be seen to be ripping them off in their home country no less, as the exynos 990 seems so bad compared to the sd865. They just thought sod europe lol.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-chip-division-humiliated-snapdragon-galaxy-s20-korea/

Soldato
I don't buy into the opinion that Samsung were forced to offer a SD variant because the alternative is to offer the SD variant everywhere, the odd one out here is the Exynos.

Look at other manufacturers that are present within North America & Europe - they're offering the same SD SoC in both regions.

Samsung is simply increasing the turnover of their own semiconductor division and offering a product experience that differs between each market. The fact that some people don't care doesn't negate that it's a fact.

Soldato
Had my S20+ refunded via Samsung but they sent out the free Galaxy buds which I haven't returned yet (still in their packaging).

Has anyone been in this situation? Assuming they're going to want these back.

Soldato
Has anyone been in this situation? Assuming they're going to want these back.

Keep them. If you try to "do the right thing" I guarantee you a nightmare of interaction with their appalling customer service. In the end, the returned product will get chucked in the bin or disappear into the pocket of one of their "returns engineers"

Soldato
Keep them. If you try to "do the right thing" I guarantee you a nightmare of interaction with their appalling customer service. In the end, the returned product will get chucked in the bin or disappear into the pocket of one of their "returns engineers"

Well that's the thing. I'm not faffing about on the phone - if they contact me then I'll return them. Guess will just have to hang onto them for a few weeks.

Soldato
ATCT update seems to improve detail a bit (less smoothing etc). I forgot to take a 'before' picture so I've got nothing to compare it against, but some posts on reddit do a comparison and it looks promising.

Back
Top Bottom