** Apple Media Event - March 7th **

I just watched the keynote as I didn't have Safari/quicktime at work. iPhoto has basically destroyed all the photo-editing apps I have (I don't bother with the gimmicky ones), w00t. I guess we'll have to wait for iOS 5.2 or later for the pano mode to be built into the camera rather than requiring 3rd party apps.

Lol I got the 64GB iPad 2 and managed to fill it with videos easily, considering every episode of South Park, Family Guy, The Big Bang Theory, Batman The Animated Series, not to mention Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four and The Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heros is well over 100GB

It's difficult to decide what to fill it with considering I've got a 7 hour flight to America in April lol

Roll on the 160GB iPad

Do you need all that content on the iPad all of the time? I had plenty of video on my 64GB iPad 1 and didn't fill it note could I have found time to watch it all.

I suppose it all depends on your usage case. YMMV.

Do you need all that content on the iPad all of the time? I had plenty of video on my 64GB iPad 1 and didn't fill it note could I have found time to watch it all.

I suppose it all depends on your usage case. YMMV.

I don't have it on all the time, and the sooner Apple allow you to upload you're own videos to iCloud (stuff ripped from DVD's and not just stuff you download off them) It will be a lot easier to manage.

Good thing I've got an iPod Classic 160GB to hold everything on, only issue there is the tiny screen lol

16gb wifi + 4g here for me :D

Don't really put actual films on my current ipad (If I watch a film on it I stream it), jus use the apps, so 16gb is plenty, I also looked at what I freqently use on my iphone and 16gb is plenty for that as well.

Mainly used for apps, and ibooks, and net browsing, so 16gb will be enough I think :)

Upgrading from ipad 1, so should be a good jump.

I had a 32GB iPad 2 upgraded to 64GB by Apple, (light-bleed issue), I never used more than a few GB's.

You can stream your movies/tv shows using Plex and if you really want to put some videos on the iPad, I use AVPlayer and choose a 1-2GB file, inc mkv's and they look great!

What were you expecting? Bells and whistles? A coffee maker? Wheels? More buttons? A hard keyboard? Ie anything that would make the iPad a piece of crap? :rolleyes:

It's a vastly improved screen on a screen-centred device (duh), with a significant hardware bump to a personal computer (duh).

Well it's hardly had rave reviews from tech or financial analysts has it? The only people raving about it are the usual suspects e.g. those who would buy Apple even if it was the fruit variety :rolleyes: The more discerning buyer can look at it dispassionately and see it for what it is, i.e. a small evolutionary step forward. As I said before, for me it's no game changer so I will stick with my iPad2 for quite some time to come thank you very much.

You won't be if some people on here are having slow down on an ipad 1 after 2 years. It doesn't look like they will allow the life of them to last you "years to come". :D

Depends on your usage - never even bought an app for mine and don't have any immediate plans to do so. I mostly use mine to browse, check emails, write a few short emails and mirror content to ATV2 onto my plasma, that's it and probably always will be. I can see nothing wrong with the screen as it is but there again I only use it for what I have listed above. For everything else I use my iMac.

Well it's hardly had rave reviews from tech or financial analysts has it?
What constitues a rave review? I am yet to see a negative one.

http://gizmodo.com/5891359/the-new-ipad-meta-hands+on-updating

The more discerning buyer can look at it dispassionately and see it for what it is, i.e. a small evolutionary step forward.
And the iPhone 2, 3 and iPad 1 and 2 were anything other than small and evolutionary?

As I said before, for me it's no game changer so I will stick with my iPad2 for quite some time to come thank you very much.
Still curious as to what this 'game changer' you're waiting for is.

It's a fair point really, iPad 1 was good but still flawed in a number of significant ways which iPad 2 managed to address all of them and make a very, very good product, in the same way that iPhone 1, 2, 3 etc was equally flawed then the iPhone 4 came along, improved just about everything and made a very, very good product.

It's not a 'diss' on the iPad 3, if anything the 'lack of innovation' of the 4S and iPad3 are just down to how ridiculously good the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 were (and still are) - the most impressive thing to me about the iPad 3 is presumably the number of iPhone 4 and 4S that have been sold and resulting investment have resulted in the screen fabrication process being enhanced to a level where they can now expand the 2+ year old tech from the iPhone 4 to the size of the iPad at decent enough yields to make the new iPad affordable.

*edit*

Tell a lie, I'm also very impressed with how they've managed to double the capacity of the battery in the same physical dimensions give or take, that's some sweet tech too which will be awesome when it starts trickling down into other devices :cool:

Last edited:
Finally! After clicking the place order button for literally the 30th time my order for a white 32gb wifi model has gone through!

What will you do with the 29 other iPads that arrive? :p

That might actually happen. The confimation screen gave me an order number. I've now received a confirmation email with an entirely different order number! :eek:

Yeah, so i've just checked my credit card and my balance has reduced by the tune of 3 ipads!!! :eek: I only want the one!

Back
Top Bottom