HAF X - Final Build with NZXT cables - Pictures Resized

My HAF-X just arrived, along with a small surprise...

Dust covers along the bottom vent.

One of the criticisms that came out of reviews was that the bottom had no dust filter, so I guess they decided to add one to recent models. Did yours come with a filter here, Red?

Now all it needs is one on the rear exhaust, so I can run my H70 as an intake and actually get positive pressure inside the case!

No, my HAF X did not come with a dust filter on the bottom :(

HAF X received 9th July

Still loving the case though

Last edited:
Really nice set up, but the colour of those fans just reminds me of artificial limbs. Why can't they make them out of more normal colours or do they think that most people have PC cases that colour so they make the fans to match.

Really enjoyed the "plot losing" a few pages back.

And a nice bit of Moderating sorting it all out so as everyone came out friends

I'm waiting for Coolermaster to sort out the hole in the motherboard tray, because apparantly it doesn't offer access to the CPU backplate on certain backplates. Unless this has now been sorted?

Cool.

Duffman - did your HAF-X arrive with a perfect window ?

I didn't notice any issues with it, but I know you said you're a something of perfectionist when it comes to these things, so my standards are probably not the same as yours! I'll give it a good check when I get home and get back to you.

I did have an issue with the case though - all but two of the thumbscrews that hold in the PCI-expansion slots were threaded. I think they were just massively overtightened during construction (either someone used a screwdriver, or the incredible hulk works for coolermaster). I had to use pliers to wriggle them out, which was a bit of a pain.

Also - to anyone that mounted the GPU fan... How the hell did you do it?! There is nowhere to screw the thing in, so short of using a nut-and-bolt type approach I don't see how it can be done... Anyway, I just used some blu-tack to hold it in place, which seems to work. There isn't too much room for it to move around anyway, but without any kind of fixings I imagine it would rattle a bit.

Cheers Duffman

Out of curiousity, the gpu fan duct thingy that holds the 120mm fan. Will that work with 5970 cards. I suspect the cards are too long.

Cheers Duffman

Out of curiousity, the gpu fan duct thingy that holds the 120mm fan. Will that work with 5970 cards. I suspect the cards are too long.

I'll get a tape measure in there and find out. There is a fair gap from my GTX480s, so maybe...

But, looking at this picture of the 5970 (last pic on that page), and this pic of the fan-shroud in profile, it looks like it's going to be close.

It would be huge shame if it doesn't fit, because the shroud works quite well, and the 5970s would really benefit... When I tried a single GTX 480 in the case with the fan shroud, I saw a big improvement over the same card in my antec 900 case (around 10% lower max fan speed in furmark; 80% vs 92%).

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

I just realised though my cards use the Arctic Accelero cooler and dont' have those batnostrils for intakes like on the stock 5970.

Okay, as far as I can tell, the panel window is in good nick. There were what I thought to be very minor scratches, but turned out to just be cat hairs :p Remember that it's plastic though, so is never going to have quite the quality finish of a glass panel (not that you get many / any of these in computer cases).

As for the length of the fan duct... I THINK it should JUST about fit:

I measured 31cm to the entrance of the fan duct, and google gives the length of the 5970 as 309 mm (!). But, the fan duct itself is around 50mm, and as I said there are no mountings for a fan. I blu-tacked my 25mm fan onto the front end of the duct, so if you do a similar thing at the rear of the duct, you should be able to gain an extra ~20mm. So you should be okay. Probably!

Thanks Duffman.

Are you seriious there is no way to mount a 120mm fan onto the duct ?
Wouldn't the fan mount onto the HD side of the duct like the way you mount fans on the ATCS 840 ?

Back
Top Bottom