#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Soldato
i guess i am a dinosaur but i cant help but feel it is getting a little out of hand. The man has lost his job, sure fine him but facing a jail term?... for a kiss? perhaps there is more too it than i am unaware off and i am not saying it is appropriate what he did.

Maybe spanish prisions have a lot more room in but in the uk we have proper criminals being let out early due to no room, and court cases for things like rape and actual full on sexual assault being so delayed that they are less likely to make it to trial..............

fire him, fine him and dont let him work in the field again would seem more fitting to me.
in my younger care free days i (rarely) had drunken women try to snog me sometimes - when i wasnt looking for it! - more than a peck on the lips.......... maybe i went with it, maybe i didnt but again....... court case and prison?
Dont get me wrong..... he does seem like quite a vile man, with things like that crotch grab he did (his own) are things i would never even consider doing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah yes, a society where a man is facing prison for kissing a woman in a celebratory moment.
and you'd want some old geezer kissing you? and using the excuse "celebration"

Oddly enough most people I see celebrating aren't kissing at the same time, your telling me it's perfectly normal behaviour now?

Soldato
and you'd want some old geezer kissing you? and using the excuse "celebration"

Oddly enough most people I see celebrating aren't kissing at the same time, your telling me it's perfectly normal behaviour now?

He isn't that old, I'm sure plenty of women of all ages would find him an attractive man for a start. With that said I wouldn't want any man kissing me, but if a woman were to kiss me, I wouldn't want her locked up or her life ruined, even if I didn't really like her kissing me. I'd maybe privately approach her afterwards and let her know that I didn't really like that she did that and ask her not to do it again. Does that not seem more reasonable than locking her up for maybe getting a bit carried away in the moment?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm sure plenty of women of all ages would find him an attractive man for a start
I'm sure a lot would feel utterly violated and don't find him attractive.

carried a way in the moment? don't a lot of sexual predators use that excuse.

this guy got carried away in the moment too
Anyone find it weird being drunk is an excuse for her being vulnerable, but for the guy it's the opposite

Last edited:
Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
I wouldn't want any man kissing me, but if a woman were to kiss me, I wouldn't want her locked up or her life ruined, even if I didn't really like her kissing me. I'd maybe privately approach her afterwards and let her know that I didn't really like that she did that and ask her not to do it again.

Spot on. The world has gone mad.

The idea that wolf whistles, kisses and so on are suddenly prison-level offences says more about the feeble /cynical nature of some women than it does about the men.

At worst it's a cack-handed pass at someone, which women traditionally have utilised 'the slap' to deal with it, now in the era when we're meant to be standing up for ourselves, we curl into balls and ask for someone to fix it for us.

Last edited:
Caporegime
there's this thing called consent and no doubt it's something he wanted to do for a long time...

probably how the grooming of young athletes starts tbh...... and we all know it happens a lot.

seems dangerous to try and normalise it.

Last edited:
Soldato
A reminder of the interaction.

I thought he would get a slap on the wrist, leave of absence for a month and come back fresh. I think she's been manipulated by people around her to go this far with it all. It's seem very sad that this interaction can destroy a persons life like this. It's clearly a mistake in todays world and he should have known better, emotions can do that to you, but i think that says more about the world we're living tbh

Last edited:
Soldato
thank christ it didnt go ahead, but our work at 1 point a couple of years back was considering having a (mandatory attendence) talk about how to date in the work place, and how to ask a colleague on a date without risking a visit to HR.
in a (somewhat heated in the end as i wont lie, i can get triggered ;) ) debate one of the managers suggested that we probably should try to steer away from dating in the work place full stop (but would not go so far as to outright try to ban it).

bloody stupid that things have gone so far. i spend more time on site at work than i do anywhere else other than at home, my ex wife and my actual wife i met both at work. Genuinely so glad i am no longer in the dating game that is for sure.

Last edited:
Caporegime
'Dangerous??' what precisely is so dangerous about his actions??
nothing if your a swimming coach for young girls etc, celebrate with them in the pedo grooming way.

push it a bit further each time until you normalise the behaviour in their minds, maybe do a bit of the old biden hair sniffing to start

Associate
He isn't that old, I'm sure plenty of women of all ages would find him an attractive man for a start. With that said I wouldn't want any man kissing me, but if a woman were to kiss me, I wouldn't want her locked up or her life ruined, even if I didn't really like her kissing me. I'd maybe privately approach her afterwards and let her know that I didn't really like that she did that and ask her not to do it again. Does that not seem more reasonable than locking her up for maybe getting a bit carried away in the moment?

He'll likely get a fine, which probably is reasonable.

Soldato
nothing if your a swimming coach for young girls etc, celebrate with them in the pedo grooming way.

push it a bit further each time until you normalise the behaviour in their minds, maybe do a bit of the old biden hair sniffing to start
But he’s not a swimming coach for young girls, etc… He’s not grooming anyone. He over reacted, kissed someone he shouldn’t have and….? So what? He should have been (and was) called out for his actions. Everyone thinks he a stupid muppet. Why the prosecution? What grade A nimrod really thinks his actions call for a criminal prosecution?!?

Soldato

So now it's gone from speaking about a celebratory kiss between 2 adults to being the coach for young girls, a completely different scenario which includes minors? What???? Do you think these arguments win over anyone?

I think if he said sorry and doesn't repeat his behaviour, that would be perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom