** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Well I got round to unboxing my G7, absolutely fine. No dead pixels, havn't noticed any flickering in any setup I have tried. Very happy at the moment

Associate
On a proper inspection it turns out my G95 has 3 dead pixels in a diagonal line :( I didn't notice because they're very close to the top in the middle so are usually part of a dark task bar.

So I could live with them, but there's a concern that a cluster like this might grow, it's easier to return now as within returns period, and I paid a lot of money for a premium product I won't be replacing for many years so it ought to be perfect.

I appreciate that some say dead pixels are commonplace and a replacement might have them too but I haven't noticed many reports of them on this thread.

What would you do?

Associate
Afternoon all,

Ordered mine from Overclockers yesterday and just had the despatch email. I have been reading this board for a while but is given I hopeful there is now more QC what should I be looking for when it arrives to make sure I have not got a refurb?
thanks

Josh

I got mine from OC, N5 and its perfect! No noise, no bad pixel.. Couldn't be happier! I would give them a call though, as when I called they said they had 65 back orders and thusly this batch was all sold out.

Associate
On a proper inspection it turns out my G95 has 3 dead pixels in a diagonal line :( I didn't notice because they're very close to the top in the middle so are usually part of a dark task bar.

So I could live with them, but there's a concern that a cluster like this might grow, it's easier to return now as within returns period, and I paid a lot of money for a premium product I won't be replacing for many years so it ought to be perfect.

I appreciate that some say dead pixels are commonplace and a replacement might have them too but I haven't noticed many reports of them on this thread.

What would you do?

Personally, I would return. For this amount of money you should demand a monitor with no issues. I got 5 CRG49s, each had an issue that made me send it back.

Handy links for new monitor testing - most of these are posted in this thread.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
http://tft.vanity.dk/
https://www.testufo.com/ghosting

Just wanted to mention this little program - MonitorBright - handy as it allows you to set a custom colour, black for example, and specify a level of Opacity. Very handy for reducing the eye strain (and screen heat) in one quick easy click.

Last edited:
Associate
I got mine from OC, N5 and its perfect! No noise, no bad pixel.. Couldn't be happier! I would give them a call though, as when I called they said they had 65 back orders and thusly this batch was all sold out.
Hi

It has just arrived and it is a N5. I will follow your lead and unbox carefully and use and then any issues will send back. Will use the links you posted earlier to test. :)

Thanks

Soldato
Personally, I would return. For this amount of money you should demand a monitor with no issues. I got 5 CRG49s, each had an issue that made me send it back.
It's ridiculous that customer have to go through such stressful process of checking for faults after spending so money on a product.

It's should be the manufacturer's responsibilities to thoroughly test premium products such as these to ensure they are next to perfect, rather than wasting people time setting up checking and go through the painful testing and return process for replacement again and again.

Associate
Thanks all.

Looks like I've got to phone up to do the replacement, probably because I bought from the EPP discount store. But I can't get hold of their dead pixel policy to quote at them. I know it's 1 per million but the ISO standard is stricter if they are in a cluster, which mine are.

I don't want to return/refund, I want to get in the queue for a replacement.

Associate
Doesn't matter why you are returning.

Link to latest regulations which are designed to protect us, the customer.

"You must tell the customer they can cancel their order up to 14 days after their order is delivered. They don’t need to give a reason for cancelling.

If you don’t tell the customer about their right to cancel, they can cancel at any time in the next 12 months. If you tell them about the right to cancel during these 12 months, they have 14 days to cancel from when you told them."

https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

Last edited:
Associate
I have a new order being delivered tomorrow (from another retailer not Samsung), will return my N6 to Samsung, the popping is annoying enough to have to live with it for years. This will hopefully be 3rd time lucky..no idea what build month I will get but I'm hoping it's genuinely new stock that has landed.

Associate
Thanks. I'd rather be honest and tell them what the problem is so they can note it and do better in future, and don't punt my monitor on to someone else. But I don't need them saying 'that's not a problem, dead pixel counts are in acceptable limit, here have it back'.

I want to replace rather than refund so I get in the queue. I can't order a new one myself at the moment as it's out of stock.

Associate
@Pyramus Let us know how you get on. I have the popping and i hoped it would get better but it still does it. Even when warmed up after hours it will still occasionally pop.

@Mamoulian Let us know if they have replacements in hand for people in your situation or if they have to wait for new stock to land before they can give you a replacement?

Soldato
Hi everyone

After realising my existing monitor is making me feel awful (eye strain, headache, fatigue), I've been on the lookout for a decent screen that's easy on the eye, especially after this one is making me ill.

I was looking at the 31.5" BenQ with eye relief and was almost settled on it (great for editing, OK for games), but then I've spotted this beast which seems amazing for everything...but is almost double the price of the BenQ.

I see that everywhere is awaiting stock atm, though I'll buy it from OCUK due to the service and support.

Are there still ongoing issues with the monitor though? There seems to be a lot of complaints around for what I imagine is a very niche product, bit surprising really!

Associate
Hi

ok. It is unpacked and set up and now I would appreciate your help :). I have done a stuck / dead pixel check and it looks fine. But here are my current problems
1. I have a PC with a 2080 RTX card with three display ports. When I connect the cable that came with the monitor to one of them the screen says source not found. But when I plug a HDMI cable into the monitor and then into a 4K HDMI to DP adapter and then into the card ports, it works. Why doesn't the PC show up when connect direct to the DP?
2. The resolution is set to 3840*1080. Is that correct? it seems to be the highest setting on my card?

thanks for any help

Josh

Last edited:
Associate
Ok

I seemed to have fixed it. Had to connect hdmi and then add the DP and it showed up as a new screen with the right resolution. Then I unplugged the HDMI and restarted and all good!!

now to try with the MacBook!

Associate
Thanks all.

Looks like I've got to phone up to do the replacement, probably because I bought from the EPP discount store. But I can't get hold of their dead pixel policy to quote at them. I know it's 1 per million but the ISO standard is stricter if they are in a cluster, which mine are.

I don't want to return/refund, I want to get in the queue for a replacement.

I'm in exactly the same posiiton as you, except mine only has one dead pixel. I'm sure when I ordered it, there was a banner and other info on the website basically saying you have 28 days to return. Also, I'm sure it said you had to contact them but they would pay for the courier.

I haven't tried to initiate a return yet as when I first investigated it there seemed to be some confusion about having a Samsung account. Probably in my head though!

I'm planning on returning for replacement, but then again I just never really notice it so not sure I can be bothered in all honesty. Apart from that, the monitor is superb. Everything I hoped for.

Associate
Are there still ongoing issues with the monitor though? There seems to be a lot of complaints around for what I imagine is a very niche product, bit surprising really!

There's an eye saver mode that reduces blue, but you can also change R, G and B levels anyway.

Most problems seem to be ironed out in the later (August) units.

Ok

I seemed to have fixed it. Had to connect hdmi and then add the DP and it showed up as a new screen with the right resolution.

Yeah I get random things like that occasionally. Quite annoying, I'm not sure if it's ok to hot plug either end. Too intermittent to recreate.

Associate
i had no flicker at all until the last 2 geforce graphics drivers so i dialled back to a graphics driver before that and the flicker has now gone im using 452.06 with firmware 1006.2 on the g9

Tried rolling back and whilst it "seems" a little better the flicker is definitely still there. Not sure what to do, this is my third G9 monitor, i have the popping sound (which stops after a few minutes and isnt that bad), but the gsync flicker is annoying, subtle but irritating. I'm assuming its not a hardware fault as the gsync implementation is software - so it should be fixable with an update. Its just "when"? 1300 is a lot to spend on a monitor that you arent sure will do what its made for...

Associate
but the gsync flicker is annoying, subtle but irritating. I'm assuming its not a hardware fault as the gsync implementation is software

Maybe the monitor has a problem when rapidly changing refresh rate?

I've not seen it, how can I recreate? I have HDR off (Windows looks terrible) and can only do 120hz (nvidia 1060) but I have G-Sync on and according to the OSD the refresh is jumping around to match the fps.

Back
Top Bottom