• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
Hi there

Update:
Zotac Extreme: 20 landed today, all shipping today, none left spare and I think there is now only 1 back order left. Zotac have admitted yield is poor due to their super fast clocks, as such there is now a "Extreme Core" version, slightly downclocked, still silly quick which is due in a week or two in better volume.
MSI Aero: In stock
MSI Armor: In stock
Asus Strix OC: 20pc due in tomorrow, half are pre-sold.
Aorus: 20 due late this week, some spare.

That is it, Asus have being the no.1 with shipping volume as we've now deliver over 200 Strix OC to customers which is far better than any other board partner has achieve and Gigabyte are 2nd with over 100 Aorus now shipped to our customers. :)
Awesome. Mine's showing as Sent/Ready for collection on my account, and just had my confirmation email! Now I need to clean up my case and re-do some of my cabling.

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't Asus ship out later then Aorus? But still good news to see so many being shipped out. Hopefully nvidia have released not to release a product during Chinese new year ( or production of the chips to be more accurate as with the 1080)

OcUK Staff
Didn't Asus ship out later then Aorus? But still good news to see so many being shipped out. Hopefully nvidia have released not to release a product during Chinese new year ( or production of the chips to be more accurate as with the 1080)

Does not really count though if Gigabyte shipped 10 first, volume is priority and Asus are no.1 for OcUK by at least double now having shipped 200+ Strix OC cards, they truly learnt from the 1080 disaster and have really redeemed themselves now and the Strix OC is turning out to be a great card too.

Though I would still personally buy the Aorus Extreme or Zotac Extreme as those things are just savage boosting at 2000+ out the box with no OC. :)

Soldato
Ok, I got the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme instead of the MSI Seahawk X as recommended. Unfortunately my card has coil whine, but even worse, running the card in OC mode using Gigabyte's software, Unigine Heaven crashes every time. So I guess I'll be heading back to the post office with this one.

What PSU were you running ? Although unigine is a paid. For whine but haven't used the newly released one

Hopefully card is found with whine and replaced asap for you :)

Associate
Hi there

Update:
Zotac Extreme: 20 landed today, all shipping today, none left spare and I think there is now only 1 back order left. Zotac have admitted yield is poor due to their super fast clocks, as such there is now a "Extreme Core" version, slightly downclocked, still silly quick which is due in a week or two in better volume.

That is it, Asus have being the no.1 with shipping volume as we've now deliver over 200 Strix OC to customers which is far better than any other board partner has achieve and Gigabyte are 2nd with over 100 Aorus now shipped to our customers. :)

Awesome 2 x amp extream on route for tomorrow :) And had conformation email

Thanks for the updates gibbo ya legend

Associate
Hi there

Update:

Any news on the MSI Sea Hawk X?

OcUK Staff
Any news on the MSI Sea Hawk X?

No sorry.

Also at the price my advice is you cancel, at £900 it is overpriced by miles, get yourself an FE card and add a waterblock or AIO cooler to it. We have FE form £649.99 now, that is £250 cheaper and I have to say the £250 is better in your pocket because the Sea Hawk does not give you £250 better performance.

Associate
No sorry.

Also at the price my advice is you cancel, at £900 it is overpriced by miles, get yourself an FE card and add a waterblock or AIO cooler to it. We have FE form £649.99 now, that is £250 cheaper and I have to say the £250 is better in your pocket because the Sea Hawk does not give you £250 better performance.
I would do, but I'm not that brave, thanks for the reply

Soldato
Did you try the card before adding the block?
Yep, all was fine, i had trouble with the temps though after replacing the cooler, they would shoot up during tests. I took it out again and checked everything, booted back up and still had temperature fluctuations. Ran a gpu test and the pc shut down after some seconds, all i get with it now is b2 on the motherboard.

Associate
Yep, all was fine, i had trouble with the temps though after replacing the cooler, they would shoot up during tests. I took it out again and checked everything, booted back up and still had temperature fluctuations. Ran a gpu test and the pc shut down after some seconds, all i get with it now is b2 on the motherboard.
Ouch, sry to hear that!

Associate
No sorry.

exactly what i did.. even came in the clown box! ha. But not sure on which AIO cooler. Im waiting for the EVGA hybrid 1080ti version, however i am tempted to get the 1080 version and just sacrifice some of the aesthetics.

Soldato

Talks about 3x 8pin and extra vrms make little difference to clock speeds.

Sure, there is a voltage wall at approx 2.1ghz but that does not mean it cannot be jumped over with the HOF. It is a bencher's card, not really for intended for most buyers. The extra power and VRM's will make a difference, just not for 99.9% of end-users.

Based on the 1080 HOF the 1080ti card will also be good for those who want to under-volt on air as well as they peeps who want to overvolt on water/ln2 simply because Galax will bin chips for the 1080ti HOF based on voltage at a set clock-speed.

I will more than likely be running mine using an undervolt on air to start with and then I may transfer it to my main rig once Bitspower release their HOF block. It all depends on if i can get the unlocked BIOS sent to me.

If you ask nicely in the right places, you can get the unlocked BIOS for the 1080 HOF so I wont be questioning voltage control for the 1080ti HOF because infact, the 1080 HOF was the only card which had unlocked voltage without using hardware. The 1080 Asus OC and the EVGA 1080 Classified both needed hardware for full voltage control.

No, it was not official support from Galax for this BIOS but that is out of their control and to be expected. At least Galax did make one.

Lets see what happens at computex but need to keep in mind that last year Galax showed the 1080 running at 2.2ghz on air (1.2x volts FTW!) using their special sauce bios so I am hopeful we will see a similar demonstration with the 1080ti !

Associate
Got the email from DPD now as well confirming delivery to my work. I ordered mine: 29 Mar 2017 17:31:00. Does it still say "This order is in process" on your OC account page?
I made the silly mistake of checking out with Amazon Pay without an OC account so I can only check by calling the OC customer service department. I did, however, order on April the 13th so I'm afraid the latest delivery hasn't been able to fill my order yet.

Back
Top Bottom