• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
Associate
We have a new version of our software 1.05 published last friday. It will fix this issue.
http://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TAORUS-11GD#support-dl
That was the version I used, as I downloaded the software and tested the card for the first time yesterday. I've already sent the card back, so now I'm wondering wether to buy the the vanilla Aorus (the Xtreme is out of stock everywhere in scandinavia) or get the Inno3D X3/X4, which seems to perform great in reviews.

Soldato
That was the version I used, as I downloaded the software and tested the card for the first time yesterday. I've already sent the card back, so now I'm wondering wether to buy the the vanilla Aorus (the Xtreme is out of stock everywhere in scandinavia) or get the Inno3D X3/X4, which seems to perform great in reviews.

Guessing you didn't order form OCUK? If so they should be able to test it a treat, could be PSU issues, normally 60% of the time it is

Associate
Guessing you didn't order form OCUK? If so they should be able to test it a treat, could be PSU issues, normally 60% of the time it is
I'm using a Corsair RM750i. Didn't have any noise or coil whine on the Zotac GTX 1080 Amp Extreme or the Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti.

And the clock speeds for the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme running Unigine Heaven were 2032 (stock) and 2062mhz (OC mode). The Gigabyte software reported 2000 (stock) and 2025mhz (OC mode) for the same runs, with the temperature peaking at 69C.

Soldato
I'm using a Corsair RM750i. Didn't have any noise or coil whine on the Zotac GTX 1080 Amp Extreme or the Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti.

And the clock speeds for the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme running Unigine Heaven were 2032 (stock) and 2062mhz (OC mode). The Gigabyte software reported 2000 (stock) and 2025mhz (OC mode) for the same runs, with the temperature peaking at 69C.

Unigine always reports different speeds..... can have EVGA XOC or other monitoring software up and it always states it higher lol. few times I thought my Strix 1070 was runnign 2.2! but its actually running 2.17 **** JUST SHY :( **

think others can vouch for this of don't use Unigines stats for anything, just run it to see if your card is stable or not and believe 3rd party software that monitors your card.

Have a few snaps shots with different numbers for Unigiene

although hard to see.

But yeah, gutted for you to have a flagship with coil but has for speeds stated being incorrect, thats just Unigine.

Last edited:
Soldato

the method i tend to use when baselining is to load-up GPU-Z and use the sensor tab. set the sensors for GPU clockspeed and GPU temp to record peak values and then run heaven in the highest possible resolution available. when you quit out of heaven, GPU-Z will then tell you what the peaks were.

They are just peaks though so I will then do a second run which will record the average.

If you want to be OCD you can do a third run with the sensors to also report lowest GPU clocks but you will need to run heaven in a window as you will need to reset the counters :)

Associate
Ok, I got the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme instead of the MSI Seahawk X as recommended. Unfortunately my card has coil whine, but even worse, running the card in OC mode using Gigabyte's software, Unigine Heaven crashes every time. So I guess I'll be heading back to the post office with this one.

My Aorus Xtreme crashes in OC mode too. Boosting in OC mode to 2025Mhz and crash, in Gaming mode it holds 1974Mhz, 71°C on F3 BIOS in Heaven. Flash to F4 BIOS "fixed" crashing in OC mode...F4 has default TDP 250W (F3 300W), so card is hitting TDP most of the time in OC mode and it is stable. Card boosts in OC mode on F4 BIOS 1873-1987Mhz, most of the time <1950Mhz.
No coil whine on my card.

Soldato
Just tested your theory using GPU-Z and it reports the same frequencies as the heaven benchmark.

If you set the sensor interval rate in GPU-Z to 0.1sec it will record the GPU clock fluctuations that Heaven cannot see. You can also log to a file which will also show you what is going on. I am not saying that Heaven is bad but as the GPU is switching clocks in the microsecond its not always possible to get accurate readings from Heaven due to its clock sample speed.

Associate
@ GIBBO - The MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC were showing an ETA of 21st April and they didn't show up. Now there is no ETA showing. There are a few places showing stock coming in this Friday 28th. Any chance you could be getting some stock as well? Also, do you know how many units you will be getting in the first batch? I have had this card on pre-order for an age now and its getting quite frustrating seeing people enjoying their Ti's. Thanks.

Associate
@ GIBBO - The MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC were showing an ETA of 21st April and they didn't show up. Now there is no ETA showing. There are a few places showing stock coming in this Friday 28th. Any chance you could be getting some stock as well? Also, do you know how many units you will be getting in the first batch? I have had this card on pre-order for an age now and its getting quite frustrating seeing people enjoying their Ti's. Thanks.
Welcome to the club, I have have had a MSI Sea Hawk on Pre order since the 10th of March and seen a competitor get stock in twice.

Back
Top Bottom