• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
^ @ around 48 seconds in - no voltage limits ? really ? I thought all Pascal cards were specifically voltage limited by Nvidia ?

so assumingly you can increase the volts if you want to overclock then ?

V F

V F

Soldato
Any OcUK members bought a Kingpin card before?

Also didn't know Kingpin was the little guy.

Last edited:
Soldato
EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti KINGPIN Edition
Looks really cool, though according to Gamers Nexus the heat-sink is copper plated aluminium not copper, but then I suppose that's okay as most buyers will be removing the heat-sink anyway and those who don;t only want the card for bling lol.

According to one of the EVGA interviews the card is an entirely custom PCB and basically has one of those power boards LN2 overclockers solder to the card built in, so with their software it should be possible to increase the volts.

Associate
According to one of the EVGA interviews the card is an entirely custom PCB and basically has one of those power boards LN2 overclockers solder to the card built in, so with their software it should be possible to increase the volts.

Interested to see what these cards can do if this is true (can be done in software), but I doubt I could afford one - especially with a waterblock on top of that.
My guess will be that it will sell here for £950.

Guess they used copper coated heatsink to keep the weight down as jay says how heavy the thing is already.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guess they used copper coated heatsink to keep the weight down as jay says how heavy the thing is already.
TBH It's almost certainly a bling factor, AFAIK coating a aluminium heatsink in a thin layer of copper actually impedes heat transfer to air (though obviously with fan assisted airflow the overall difference will be unmeasurable).

Soldato
^ @ around 48 seconds in - no voltage limits ? really ? I thought all Pascal cards were specifically voltage limited by Nvidia ?

Where have you been living ;)
all pascal 1080ti cards can adjust voltages on up to 1.200mv from stock 0.93 - 1.093mv
using the Asus XOC bios.....

i want to test out the kingpin bios as it has one advantage no temp limits and stock 2025cores :)

both my 1080ti`s run at 2050core/12ghz so i know the bios`s will be compatible with speed just cant wait for someone to leek them :)

V F

V F

Soldato
Yep, Using cinema DOF and I think BF2 does increase vibrancy.

I'm not seeing a great deal of difference with the cinema DOF setting but it could be because of the default field of view? 62?

Assuming I have this setup right.
Antialiasing FXAA Ultra ingame + SweetFX
LOD Ratio 9
View Distance 3
Shadow Blur 2.50 Extreme Ultra
Depth of Field Cinema
Parallax Mapping checked
Water Tesselation checked
Objects Tesselation Normal
SSDO checked
Vignetting Effect checked

Everything else is Extreme in the game menus.

The game is really looking gorgeous though with a slight feel of Battlefield 3 lighting...

Cannot wait to try Crysis 3 after completing this. Granted I'm only 1920x1200. Will upgrade the display soon.

Also cannot get over Hans Zimmer done the music for Crysis 2...

Also loving Assassins Creed on this (though it is a bit dreamy) that'll likely ruin it for me going back to the PS4. :D

Associate
@Rossuk89 I'd go for the EVGA card. Transferable warranty and you can boost it to five years for around £20. Water cooling friendly too.

I can't find any reviews for the EVGA card though and I won't be water cooling. Is it that much better than the Zotac?

Since Vega is not a choice anymore I'm going to order a 1080Ti today but would like some more opinions on:

EVGA 1080Ti SC Black Edition GAMING ICX for £690

Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Core Spectre RGB for £710

Resale value is important too. But they're both good brands. Zotac has 5 years warranty but the EVGA can have 5 years warranty too which will make it the same price as the Zotac.

All the reviews for the Zotac are extremely positive and a lot of reviewers say it's one of the best 1080Ti's.

But I'd definitely prefer some more opinions as dropping £700 on a graphics card is a lot of money!

Back
Top Bottom