• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2080 Ti delay when i pre-ordered on day of announcement from OC UK!

Soldato
True. I can't bring myself to buy the gigabyte at £1400! That is the only one available I would buy though.

I actually like that card, with the 4 year warranty and a good power limit, 2.5 slots with 3 fans. But it's literally available for £300 cheaper. Perhaps £1250 max on a gouge but not £1400 lol, no way. Think they're conditioning us to buy the £1500 strix when that comes in :D

Soldato
I’ve finally pre-ordered an EVGA XC Ultra, reckon I’ll be lucky to see it this side of Christmas though.

Will cancel it if the FE Ti’s become available again.
Why did you order the Ultra over the non-Ultra if you would prefer an FE (weaker cooler then both) to either of them? o.O

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Why did you order the Ultra over the non-Ultra if you would prefer an FE (weaker cooler then both) to either of them? o.O

Wanted to pay the FE price TBH. Happy with the card I’ve got on order now as I’m going to build myself a new PC anyway.

Soldato
Nah, the prices are fine, its because no one wants those ones, everyones after the MSi Gaming X Trio etc....

The prices were fine to begin with, for the ones in stock they're not any more. You can still pre order those exact same cards at normal prices, the same cards that have been gouged £2-300 that are in stock. And if you've got an MSI gaming X Trio on order at £1160 you're not exactly gonna go, right let's get an ASUS dual at £1400 lol.

OcUK Staff
Nah, the prices are fine, its because no one wants those ones, everyones after the MSi Gaming X Trio etc....

Nope we just have loads, selling around 20 Gigabyte per day and 10 plus on the others per day, though I think Gigabyte will run out today.
2080Ti is selling great, 2080 not so well.

Associate
The prices were fine to begin with, for the ones in stock they're not any more. You can still pre order those exact same cards at normal prices, the same cards that have been gouged £2-300 that are in stock. And if you've got an MSI gaming X Trio on order at £1160 you're not exactly gonna go, right let's get an ASUS dual at £1400 lol.

This is exactly my situation. Getting slightly annoyed at the number of 2080TI Trio cards showing up in the wild now though, without any news on expected delivery dates.

Associate
Nope we just have loads, selling around 20 Gigabyte per day and 10 plus on the others per day, though I think Gigabyte will run out today.
2080Ti is selling great, 2080 not so well.

So are MSI just blanking you when you ask for information? I'm sure nobody at OCUK is hiding anything, but it's weird how cards are now starting to show up without you having shipped any.

OcUK Staff
So are MSI just blanking you when you ask for information? I'm sure nobody at OCUK is hiding anything, but it's weird how cards are now starting to show up without you having shipped any.

Pretty much yes and when stock does enter the UK it seems to be really crazy small volumes, make no sense, Asus and Gigabyte are shipping much greater volume.

Either MSI don't like OcUK or they don't like the UK full stop as we've had ZERO MSI 2080Ti stock and from what I can tell the rest of the UK has had little to none but seems they are giving other regions stock. I guess MSI do not share stock fairly or send the stock to where there is the demand, whereas the other board partners seem a lot more switched on and send the stock to where it has sold well and can sell well.

MSI has different management now in the UK to previous years, its simply not as supportive of OcUK or the UK in general it seems. :(

As its also very odd why MSI even seem to have very little 2080, yet every other board partner can supply us triple digits, yet I see MSI 2080 is pretty much out of stock everywhere in the UK but in stock in other regions. Kind of sucks really!

I shall speak to Gigabyte, maybe they can send us additional 2080Ti stock at a reduced price to give the option to our pre-ordered MSI customers a Gigabyte card at same price as they paid for the MSI, I shall ask as Gigabyte are seeing me later today.

Back
Top Bottom