*** The 2013 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
I don't really have ANY spare disposable cash atm due to issues with work and stuff the money i currently have will be used for my rent / food and bills along with my transport costs to and from work for the next 6 -8 weeks.

Fair play, but you still avoided my question. Do you smoke or drink?

Associate
Can't wait for tonight!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_ma67PCQAArqN3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is always a big problem in my gym, although tonight is my mock meet so maybe I'll be able to scare them off with all of the shouting :p. It's going to be a real ball ache if they get in the way though, the gym is short on bars as it is without NYRs wanting to use them for wrist curls!

kai

kai

Soldato
Only 2 guys in mine, but they did an hour of curls, 3 chins and left :D

haha, no doubt it will be the same tonight in my gym. I am all for people who want to make a change to their lifestyle but 90% of them will be there for 2-3weeks solid hogging every machine under the sun only never to be seen again :rolleyes:

I got squats tonight if anyone curling in there going to go mental

Soldato
train at 6:30am, the great uncommitted NYE initiates are definatly not that committed haha.

I was the only person in the weights room for about 20 mins this morning

GAC

GAC

Soldato
train at 6:30am, the great uncommitted NYE initiates are definatly not that committed haha.

I was the only person in the weights room for about 20 mins this morning

thats my plan, gym opens at 6am but doesnt start doing that untill friday again.

Caporegime
OP
the way he lifted it id say he had more in the tank on it as well.

shame for terry looks like thats him finished now and katona as well.

shaw just didnt look the same guy but not sure how bad his arm is but it did seem to effect his grip so could be worse than he's admitted.

and Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is looking like he'l be a beast come next years comp.

another guy who looked off the boil was Johannes Årsjö.

but as many said this years field was probably the best field by far of any.

shame for lallas though, if he had a couple more inches of height he'd have won the thing i bet.

Shaw could have taken the year out but wanted to try and defend his title.
Thor is just a beast, that was a fair few months ago now, needless to say he has improved and dropped about 20kg in weight also. He is a future champ for sure.
I can't see Ed Hall winning WSM, he will make a huge name for himself though and will be one of our best ever for sure.
Arsjo took some time out and came back, he'll be better next year :)

Terry - no one wants him to retire yet, really hope he stays a few more years. Nothing stopping him getting a podium again!

So many great strongmen were missing from the finals, poundstone/Travis/thigpen from the American side, Misha and of course Loz.

Next years will be amazing if they can all stay healthy and go to the finals, picking 10 from them all is near on impossible!

Associate
Anyone got some links/recommendations on what to put with salads to make them a bit better? Currently it's Lettuce (Iceburg or Little gem), Tomato, red pepper, Avocado, spring onions, Cucumber & meat (Sausages, Chicken breasts, Pork strips/steaks, etc).

Thanks.

Associate
Six of us opened up today, good chesticals and tris session. That lass was in doing shoulder and glutes, had to spot her doing db shoulder press and she managed a good few rep of 17.5s :o Then onto doing glute bridges and I asked if they were working better than the pullthoughs and her response was ''Yeah have you seen the size of my ass'' :D I love my gym ;)

Soldato
Six of us opened up today, good chesticals and tris session. That lass was in doing shoulder and glutes, had to spot her doing db shoulder press and she managed a good few rep of 17.5s :o Then onto doing glute bridges and I asked if they were working better than the pullthoughs and her response was ''Yeah have you seen the size of my ass'' :D I love my gym ;)

:mad:

Soldato

My gym sucks! :mad: Haha!:D

Caporegime
Just checked out pure gym with syla5, seems reasonably well equipped (round plates! ;)) one dedicated bench press, one incline, about 8 or something movable benches, two squat racks with movable benches in them, two smiths....downfall is the db's only go to 36kg and thats their policy apparently because they dont want to be a bodybuilding gym :p

We did ask the guy about possibly getting them increased if there was enough interest but i dont think he was the right person really.

Just got to decide if its worth joining now, as the db limitation will annoy me probably.

Soldato
Yeap delvis, need to get on the case and find out who we need to talk to. 6 more pairs of DB's and they are set!

Caporegime
Exactly...sadly looking at the site 36kg is what is stated across the board.

They did say my enquiry was forwarded to the support team, but i might enquire on the facebook page again

Caporegime
That's what the barbell is for! :p

I rarely use over 36kg DBs, unless the gym is soo busy I know it will be a rare chance I'll get to use the bench.

Caporegime
36kg db's is a tad pathetic, the gym down the road goes up to 50kg and thats a chain gym too.

As i said, for the time being it will be okay but i'll max them eventually and im looking for something long term.

Back
Top Bottom