• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

Soldato
Nothing :)

If you're looking for low voltages under idle then I'm guessing this wont be the way to achieve that, but great for anything else.

Have been testing it all out with a power meter. Very little difference between them (including windows ones). At most 10W idle in it. When you have a system at 60W idle anyway, meaningless.

Associate
I am not a fan of noisy pcs. Do I need a better cooler and if so which one do you reckon will be quiet and do the job without being disproportionate price wise to the chip.

Man of Honour
I am not a fan of noisy pcs. Do I need a better cooler and if so which one do you reckon will be quiet and do the job without being disproportionate price wise to the chip.
the included cooler for the 3600 is at the performance level of the £15-20 aftermarket coolers.

the best value cooler is the scythe mugen rev.b, but that's £43, whether you consider that disproportionate to a £190 chip?

Associate
No that sounds just the ticket cheers. I'll check it's goes good with that Crucial RAM you kindly highlighted to someone else the other day.

Soldato
the included cooler for the 3600 is at the performance level of the £15-20 aftermarket coolers.

the best value cooler is the scythe mugen rev.b, but that's £43, whether you consider that disproportionate to a £190 chip?

Nah, the wraith stealth is far worse than even £15-£20 coolers.

I reckon a decent £20 cooler should be easily enough for a 3600.

Could even go for a Wraith Prism for £20. In a low airflow case would keep the VRMs cool.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-wraith-prism-am4-cpu-cooler-hs-001-am.html

Associate
BeQuiet Dark Rock pro 4, and I've used it with my previous cpu (i7 2600K) so I know it's not the cooler - even remounted it about 5 times. Reading around though, it seems to be early adopter/bios issues

Soldato
The wife is very happy with her R5 3600. Monster Hunter World has gone from 20-30 FPS to a nearly-locked 60 FPS with an RX 480. That's at stock with XMP 3000 MT/s (wouldn't dare play with the RAM due to the experience I'm having with mine :D). The only difference is that she's using a Wraith Prism (set to low) instead of the Wraith Stealth that comes with it and fixed custom fan settings that I came up with so it's essentially silent even when gaming.

Associate
I was looking at the 3600, but with its popularity the price has gone up (which isn't a surprise). This has meant that currently there is only roughly a £20 difference between it and the 3600x, so I will probably go for that. I'm hoping it will go in my X370 board ok and help with performance in VR. I currently have a 1600 paired with a gtx1070, which I would like to upgrade to the 1070 super in a couple of months time.

Associate
I was looking at the 3600, but with its popularity the price has gone up (which isn't a surprise). This has meant that currently there is only roughly a £20 difference between it and the 3600x, so I will probably go for that. I'm hoping it will go in my X370 board ok and help with performance in VR. I currently have a 1600 paired with a gtx1070, which I would like to upgrade to the 1070 super in a couple of months time.

Gone up?..OC has it at the same price as launch right now.

Associate
Oh ok. My mistake, sorry. If that's the case I will probably go with the non X. I think Its because I looked elsewhere for pricing and it listed OC as a having gone up.

Back
Top Bottom