This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
Only just realised that somehow the calf didn't die after being hit twice by the cop car and is now eating, which is often a good sign with any animals.

Bonkers decision to drive into the poor animal twice!

Last edited:
Soldato
Dairy farming, necessary for milk. .

Cows milk not necessary at all for humans.

Again we return to the ridiculous nature of humanity.

If you consume dairy you are complicit in the consequences it has for the animals involved.

If they'd been trying for several hours they didn't have the right people there.

I doubt bovine capture and control tactics feature highly up the list of spending priorities for a, relatively well funded, police force like Surrey

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolutely appalling action by the cop. No reason to ram that cow. A little common sense and some patience would have had it herded back towards where it came from but, instead, you've got bright lights, loud noises and idiot people causing it to panic.

In "several hours" not one person thought it might be a good idea to go to the nearest farm and get their assistance? Really?

Soldato
I worked on a dairy farm from 12-16 every weekend and school holidays, cows might be large but they aren't aggressive and are easy to intimidate. Just walk towards them with you arms our and makes some noise and they will back off. You don't need to use a car or any vehicle. Bulls on the other hand can be a whole different kettle of fish. It is funny seeing non country folk telling people from the country how the police should be dealing with it :cry: :cry:

Soldato
The article says that cow went into a car park structure so it was in a confined area, not loose on a street where it had been causing chaos for hours.

For balance, here's one where police in Idaho shot and killed one (apologies in advance for the DM link):

That cow was black though, so not exactly a surprising response from US police.

Soldato
OMG, people speculating on an online forum...that's it everybody, Ian has spoken, no-one can have an opinion on anything until every single thing is known!!1!!1 :cry:

Asking people to have the full facts before stating as fact something they don't have full knowledge of, what a smug, hateful person I must be!!!!

Just to be clear, as I pointed out previously, if the facts later show police incompetence then I'm joining in on the flaming pitch forks but I'm waiting until we know what happened first before joining in.

Soldato
Only as predictable as you!

Yea its annoying when someone points out your hypocrisy isnt it.

Dairy farming, necessary for milk. .
Vehicle ramming cow, not necessary.
No sugar necessary. Not incoherent

And those giving the order to ram are the ones to be held responsible then.

If they'd been trying for several hours they didn't have the right people there.

E: sp

Drinking milk as an adult from another species isnt necessary though is it.

Soldato
Humans can be remarkably stupid animals who will consume dairy products all day long whilst eating burgers and bacon sarnies but then a senior politicians getting involved because a cow gets rammed by a police vehicle!

Thats because most people are against violating the rights of animals when they see it in person, but put it behind a closed door and if you get "something" in return, suddenly its ok.

And if you call out this hypocrisy, your "militant" or "too emotional".

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh bore off @Johno please?... All that ends up happening is the thread gets full of your usual hysteria and then has to be closed and all because you lack emotional intelligence enough to allow someone with a different opinion.

EDIT - Missed this cracker:

RSPCA prosecute in the cases of animal cruelty...
Unless you're a pig/chicken/cow/duck/sheep....

Well thats just plain lies @Johno please? :

https://www.southwestfarmer.co.uk/n...prosecution-animal-cruelty-olverston-bristol/

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/devon-farmer-given-10-year-8419775

https://swanseabaynews.com/2023/05/...cessary-suffering-of-livestock-at-their-farm/

You can't just say things and pass them off as fact and then hope you don't get called out on your nonsense....

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh bore off @Johno please?... All that ends up happening is the thread gets full of your usual hysteria and then has to be closed and all because you lack emotional intelligence enough to allow someone with a different opinion.

EDIT - Missed this cracker:

Well thats just plain lies @Johno please? :

https://www.southwestfarmer.co.uk/n...prosecution-animal-cruelty-olverston-bristol/

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/devon-farmer-given-10-year-8419775

https://swanseabaynews.com/2023/05/...cessary-suffering-of-livestock-at-their-farm/

You can't just say things and pass them off as fact and then hope you don't get called out on your nonsense....

Oh im not talking about "illegal" acts of animal abuse, im talking about the standard stuff. Which is factory farms and gas chambers which RSPCA are happy to put their stamp on with their "RSPCA assured scheme"

Activists vist RSPCA assured farms all the time, and what do they find? The same disgusting things time and time again, at some point you have to stop giving these people the benefit of the doubt, its not "one bad apple".

But weve gone over all this before, you just ignore it, its like talking to a brick wall.

Soldato
My bad for making you think I wanted to have any form of discussion with you on the topic. I was merely calling you out on the lie and now the goalposts of what you said have been moved. I have said my piece and will not be engaging further you as you cannot be debated with in an honest manner.

I said the RSPCA dont care about cows/pigs/chickens and ducks, and how can they when they sign off on them being exploited and killed, its not complex is it.

Il be at speakers corner at the end of this month with some other people if you wanna come and have a chat, just bring some actual arguments, not excuses.

Back
Top Bottom