What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Doomsday (2008) - Netflix

Stumbled across this when looking for a film to watch.
Wasn't expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised!

Take Mad Max, set it in Scotland, add a dash of 28 days later and Doomsday is what you would end up with.

Definitely worth a watch.

8/10

Soldato
Horrible Histories: Rotten Romans

Took the missus nephew (aged 8) to see it and it was funnier than I thought it would be. A lot of stuff in there that kids probably won't get but adults should do.

7/10

Man of Honour
Horrible Histories: Rotten Romans

Took the missus nephew (aged 8) to see it and it was funnier than I thought it would be. A lot of stuff in there that kids probably won't get but adults should do.

7/10
Hah reminds me of the show Pinky and the Brain when they were doing a history song.

“Caligula he was no Boy Scout, he got up to things that we can’t talk about...”

Caporegime
Angel has Fallen

Plot so predictable I saw every twist coming...I could see who the bad guys were after 5 mins and who the person behind the scrambled voice was and also why they did it...

That said though I really enjoyed it, it was good fun, B-movie fun. It’s one of those that you know what it is selling and it does it well, like a really greasy kebab.

Associate
Crawl (2019) - 7/10

Predictable and clear in where it got its inspiration from, but enjoyably entertaining nonetheless.

It has a few good moments which make you jump and a semi-realistic storm depiction which, although doesn’t quite add to the tension, like the alligators, it does keep up the impending threat.

The story and acting are ok and the ending sort of fizzles out, but it achieves what it sets out to do in a good way.

Caporegime
Sorry to Bother You

Fun, just a plain fun movie. Dark, weird, crazy and above all fun.

Quite hard to explain. But a down on his luck bloke, finds his calling at a tele-marketing company. Que white voices, horses, and Danny Glover.

Strong 8/10 from me.

Caporegime
Kick Ass - 6/10

Some laugh-out-loud moments, but I'd had a couple before starting it, which could explain that ;)

Quite a lot of filler, and parts of the film drag along.

It's basically a much sillier (maybe!) version of Batman.

e: almost forgot...

Ghost Rider - herpderp/10

I knew going in this was a terrible movie. I still wasn't prepared.

Why... why would anyone do this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Deadpool - 4/10
<snip>
Watched it again on C4 tonight. I think I was a bit harsh. It's probably a 6/10.

No way is it as bad as other 4/10 films I've rated :p (Take a bow, Prometheus).

I still don't find the film funny, in that none of his wise-cracking made me laugh or even chuckle. But it didn't annoy me as it apparently did the first time I watched it :p I think I just accepted it as part of his character, and moved on.

Overall it's a low-budget Marvel film and it's fairly by-the-numbers. It was never going to be film of the decade. But it's watchable.

Watched it again on C4 tonight. I think I was a bit harsh. It's probably a 6/10.

I still don't find the film funny, in that none of his wise-cracking made me laugh or even chuckle. But it didn't annoy me as it apparently did the first time I watched it :p I think I just accepted it as part of his character, and moved on.

Overall it's a low-budget Marvel film and it's fairly by-the-numbers. It was never going to be film of the decade. But it's watchable.

Aside from Infinity war I thought it was better than all the other Marvel movies.

Soldato
The Favourite 5/10

Was expecting better given the reviews. Some good performances, but as a film it kinda falls flat.

Gets a bonus half mark for featuring lots of rabbits.

Soldato

It's an ok movie, but I do think its way over hyped.

Caporegime
Angel has Fallen

Plot so predictable I saw every twist coming...I could see who the bad guys were after 5 mins and who the person behind the scrambled voice was and also why they did it...

That said though I really enjoyed it, it was good fun, B-movie fun. It’s one of those that you know what it is selling and it does it well, like a really greasy kebab.

OK, I am absolutely not a racist, but Gerard Butler really needs to stop making these movies for the good of moral society.

Back
Top Bottom