X4 Foundations

Soldato
OP
Im in a Falcon Sentinal atm, its fast but id like faster but then id like more guns and more shields and hull hehe. Ive somehow got a new rep at argon cos of mining so went there, now i can buy them military ships, the s heavy fighter the one that looks like from the last starfighter film, that kinda looks cool, cost a bit tho about near 4 mill for a maxed out one. Would i like it, i dont think it has much speed vs the nova tho but has 4 weapons and tempted to do 2 beams and 2 decent rapid fire cannons (not sure whats the best ones). There was the option of the other one but looks naff. Then there is the m ships for argon in ap, one thats long looks naff but the other looks like it could do some dmg, thing is tho that there slow and i like my s class manoeuvrability. :/

What is a good option i wonder for something better as a personal ship to fly with after the nova. I am currently setting up miners in silent witness and 18B for silicon 3 in SW and 2 in 18b for now. Should get up a rank soonish in a hour or so. Do they have any good options if i get a military licence from them?

Duno if shall bother with paranid even tho they should have faster ships i just dont like the looks of em. Split, hmm might take awhile to get the rep and i dunno even where their sectors are yet tbh. I think in time i will end up with a split s or m ship as a personal ship depends how the hull and shields are as im sure their firepower and speed is top notch.

Not really lookin for a war machine to fly just somit where if i was caught out of travel drive and a small group of khaak or whatever was chasing me id be able to speed away or put up a good fight. I cant in a nova i dont think.

Said nova but it was a falcon sentinal i got and im flying atm as personal ship.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How do i find a place that sells the balaur? Is it better than that nem vanguard mentioned above?

Also anyone wana setup a little discord for us that play this maybe? Might be nice to share info on that and chat about things there in real time.

Soldato
OP

Capped one of these, bit easy but its a great one to fly around places dead quick tho. Good scout ship.

Cheers panos, for info. Im just in the young gun start and ill just be doing this as the only play through, i did think of others but i just went with this one. Ill earn my way around rep i hope.

Btw is the docking computer on the ship i just capped bugged? Seems never wants to dock when i fly into the bay unless im facing the right way which kinda defeats the point of just flying anywhere near the bay and it auto docks like other ships do.

Soldato
OP
Wow tho with auto miners, i just put 3 in each system 3 systems i think one for each race and they help get the rep up and make about a million every half hour to a hour or something like that. Up to 8 mill or so now for basically nothing. Kinda makes u wonder why bother with missions or anything else.

Soldato
OP
Still think x2 was the best one, i really liked their sci fi interface and betty describing everything with little holograms showing all the items. I liked building a station buying ships for it sending them on orders, i dont think x4 caters for that now with complexes etc now. Then theres the boring interface just like a windows app not a gaming interface with borders and nice stuff to make it look part of the game. Also making money took time at the start. The docking also i think was better. Music was nice too and the story even tho the npcs looked naff i still liked the cutscenes etc. Teladi sounding teladi and looking cool but now we got mini lizard things with stupid voices that dont do the old teladi sounds between speaking.

Soldato
OP
Just been streaming mainly for myself or mates but anyhow just was cool building my first L mining ship. Took ages to find a wharf and shipyard i was spotting all the stations in each sector to find em plus for mining possibilities. Btw arnt silicon refinarys suppose to accept buy of silicon that you mine? In split sector where the shipyard was there was one of them stations but it didnt accept as buy any silicon. I thought it was strange.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/584727879

About 39 min 39 sec, for some beauty shots of my L miner getting made. Kinda should have payed attention to what it came with as later i noticed a drone come out and it only had 1 so its gona go slow i think, was cool watching it pick the ore up tho. Tho arnt tractor beams quicker, i dunno if drones are that useful are they vs tractors for speed?

Soldato
OP
I was in a split sector not sure which might be 24. There was a odd station that just said Hall of split or something Hall anyhow. It had negative number compare to the others so as i approached i noticed some security forces around it so legged it lol. Anyone know what its for, maybe plot station for something?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/584727879

20 min mark - Hall of Judgement?

Soldato
OP
Ive found some grey stations hidden in asteroid fields a few times, i just thought they were relics from past games or something tho i didnt take that much notice of the shape tbh. I just didnt think they were recently dead cos no red and black textures on it like u see on a dead ship.

Soldato
OP
Just was streaming and 20 mins later pc froze, not sue why, all i can think is maybe since its warm today it might have overheated i dunno tho.

Was watching a nice fight above a split shipyard too.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/585562310 If you wana see the fight, i thought it was cool, all them little fighters and station trying to get the other split familys resupplier ship. Totally forgot i was building 2 L miners there hehe.

Soldato
OP
In behaviour section you can limit how many sectors/gtes distance to find the ware i think.

Btw about auto miners selling to npc stations, saw this on reddit maybe it works for you.

They probably not trading with your station because there is a better price elsewhere. Try setting your station to ONLY trade with your faction AND set the price to something like 100 credit. Meaning your trader will always think your station has the best deal.

Soldato
OP
Improved colour differentiation between racial Construction Vessel ships

About time they tried to make em not copy and paste ships and differentiate them.

//

• Fixed certain hazardous regions giving massive numbers of crystal drops.
Noooo i thought i found a region they forgot and was gona be my secret crystal mining place. :(

Back
Top Bottom