• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
OP
Could the milking edition be a sign of low initial stock?

I don't think so, vendors have their own cards ready apparently, but are not allowed to speak about cards other than Milking Founders Edition until the NDA ends on 27th. Then we should see all the better cooled custom cards.

I imagine Nvidia just want to sell these at a premium while they can.

Soldato
OP
My guess is the 1070 will be about 15-20% slower. The 970 had disabled ROPS, cache, memory bus, TMU. The 1070 is almost all 100% identical to 1080 but 25% less CUs, but that never leads to a linear performance drop. Look at 980ti vs TX

Thinking the same, I do think the GTX 1070 will be a really good card, price performance (Nvidia) sweet spot. Looking forward to picking one of these up.

EVGA FTW + Backplate, yeah boi.

Soldato
OP
This. Then people can moan about the price :p

Ha, I think when Nvidia launch a reference, sorry founders edition. GPU for £650, people can already moan about the price :p

Especially considering this is still baby Pascal. Can you imagine the price of Titan and Ti variants :eek:

I think AMD have done themselves a solid launching with midrange GPU's first (Actual midrange not pretend high end priced cards)

Nvidia can price themselves off the market while AMD make sales in the lower down tier. AMD seem to have smartened up a great deal.

Soldato
OP
Pascal announced at $699 founders edition? and the UK price is £649.99 how come?

$699 = £482 pounds... & £649.99 = $443.99 or there abouts.

in the name of all that is good and holy... how and why is 1080 costing £649.99 when the Nvidia CEO 'Jen-Hsun Huang' himself announced it at $699 dollars

To get the USA launch price here. All we have to do is wait a year until the next series launches.. Then the 1080 cards should be the same price here in the UK that they launched in the US at the year before :p

Soldato
OP
The EVGA's look horrible, what have they done :eek:

The Asus though, looking sexy :D That beastly plain black shroud with optional stupid neon lights. They will be getting turned off if pos lol.

When can I order the ASUS Gibbo?

Soldato
OP
The Asus is to big and bulky looks dated imo

Na that's a beast. The EVGA's looks dated and cheap. Never thought I would say that about an EVGA card. Maybe different pics tomorrow will make them look a lil better, but from those pics they look rubbish to me.

The ASUS looks big powerful and well cooled. Will very likely pick one up tomorrow if any left.

Soldato
OP
It's barely faster than the 980 Ti. With overclocking the 980 Ti might even pull ahead. Hmmm I might skip the 1080 altogether if I had any sense, it's a lot of money for something that's barely faster...

I am a GPU whore though, and the lure of something new might win me over anyway. Meh we are getting milked so badly these days :(

Soldato
OP
Just read the Guru 3D review of the GTX 1080 FE. Good review, fair. Especially the part about Nvidia making the founders tier and pricing it higher.

The important bit, performance is awesome, absolutely smashing the TX in all games with a clear lead.

As I trust Guru 3D more than that sneak peak thing, I am happy to go for one of these bad boys. Just not the FE edition lol.

Zotac AMP Extreme is first choice, then the ASUS Strixx. Hopefully OCUK have these in stock today..

Soldato
OP
Lol, do you even know how many people are in the queue for the custom 1080's!!?

Someone is 4 hundred and something in the queue for the Strix and that is just on here!

Demand is sky high.

Agreed, I'm amazed that many people are buying high end GPU's like the 1080. Peeps saying that it isn't a high amount are bonkers. That's just one GPU variant from one retailer. Demand is massive for these.

Soldato
OP
Crysis 3 with max settings and FXAA @ 1080P. V Sync on card turbos to around 1100Mhz, it downclocks lol. Not even breaking a sweat. Witcher 3 with everything set to max preset is same story, higher clocks but nice and smooth. Will do some 1440P tests later. The 1080 is fast. The Ti card will be insane.

Back
Top Bottom