• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
KB4100347 update is the one you need to uninstall. It breaks overclocking and other things on X99. It caused similar issues for me too on 6900K, I was trying many things in BIOS and nothing would make overclock actually apply, but as it turned out it was all because of this update. First time ever I had any issues with Windows Update. All of this Meltdown and Spectre cheap drama in media turned out to be way more damaging than Meltdown and Spectre itself, because issues caused by all of those "security updates" are countless while I haven't heard about a single confirmed example of Meltdown and Spectre affecting PC user. But it does affect everyone now, through security updates :p

Does it have similar effects on X299?

Associate
Does it have similar effects on X299?

I don't know. Just run some HWiNFO or something like that and check if your overclock is applied and then check the performance with some synthetic test like Cinebench. If everything is fine then leave it as it is, and if something is wrong, like running stock despite overclock applied in BIOS, then try to unistall this update and see if it helps.

Soldato
I've just found out that driver 411.70 fixes my issues with random driver crashes in games on my 2080 Ti as I managed 9 hours of a stress test that wold crash in 2-4 hours on 416.34. Whether the driver is faulty or is merely exposing faulty hardware I don't know.

Soldato
nvidia reference 2080Ti ordered for £1099. Didn't fancy paying £1200-1300+ for an AIB card as i will likely be putting a block on anyway depending on noise and temps. And can get a card, block and backplate for the cost of a normal air cooled AIB card.

Just fancied a change to the rig as my MSI Gaming x doesn't match my color theme and could do with a touch more power.

Associate
nvidia reference 2080Ti ordered for £1099. Didn't fancy paying £1200-1300+ for an AIB card as i will likely be putting a block on anyway depending on noise and temps. And can get a card, block and backplate for the cost of a normal air cooled AIB card.

Just fancied a change to the rig as my MSI Gaming x doesn't match my color theme and could do with a touch more power.

Hi, did you have a preorder for a Msi previously?

Soldato
Hi, did you have a preorder for a Msi previously?

No was looking at the gaming trio though but no stock as of yet and card is too wide for my case if I wanted to fit a waterblock anyway.

Quite happy with the ref as do like the design, far cheaper than any AIB card and will likely be fitting a block very soon anyway so cooler is not much a problem.

Associate
No was looking at the gaming trio though but no stock as of yet and card is too wide for my case if I wanted to fit a waterblock anyway.

Quite happy with the ref as do like the design, far cheaper than any AIB card and will likely be fitting a block very soon anyway so cooler is not much a problem.
Is nvidia allowing to install water blocks on their ref cards?

Associate
yes.
No warranty screw stickers shows this, so unless you damage something yourself or use the wrong screwdriver and round all the screws there is no way to tell anyway.

They probably would be able to tell from the different thermal paste you will have used and the amount you applied, if they wanted to find out.
I expect they test as is though.

Associate
side by side config is a MS installation configuration error message. Uninstall everything Afterburner related it's possible you've more than one copy installed.

Trying to run two 2080Ti on Windows 7 is utterly ludicrous, upgrade your OS if you want anyone to assist you correctly.
i havebeen able to solve all problems except the msi after burner.. seems the nvlink was loose which was causing all the other problems.. just make sure to push in the nvlink before screwing the graphic cars.. there should be 2 clicks which ensures the link has made proper contact

edit: warning about the gamingx trio.. its a badly machined card.. you will need some one to press the edges of the case while you try to screw the io.. and this happened with a MSI branded case

Last edited:

zia

zia

Associate
What length of warranty do you get with FE? is something like the aorus 2080 ti worth the extra 4 years peace of mind?

Zia

Caporegime
They probably would be able to tell from the different thermal paste you will have used and the amount you applied, if they wanted to find out.
I expect they test as is though.

The stuff they use you would barely call paste, its like a square wafer they slap onto the core that melts when its first powered up. You always have that crusty area around the edge and "bitty" parts on the core itself. Seems pretty crap from what i can tell.

Permabanned

Thats all you need to do if your going on water, then just flash the bios, head over to overclock.net and check the official thread, theres bound to be loads of custom bios as usual...job done. You will still get better MUCH performance than any card with an aircooler out there so dont matter

Man of Honour
OP
Should have bought this one ;)
rKEZUAy.jpg
Got mine! Time to test - havent put waterblock on yet. Saving that for Sunday!
2RtMX6X.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

lMde8HM.png

Date 20/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, ibpalle, Link
Date 20/10/2018, Make Asus Strix, Silent_Scone, Link
Date 12/10/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, rIcK, Link
Date 10/10/2018, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, bignick277, Link
Date 10/10/2018, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, ISilva, Link
Date 10/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, [Death], Link
Date 09/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, ltron, Link
Date 09/10/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, Biffa, Link
Date 09/10/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, Biffa, Link
Date 06/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, layte, Link
Date 06/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Rap1D, Link
Date 06/10/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, Gregster, Link
Date 06/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Sc00p007, Link
Date 05/10/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Strife212, Link
Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, inflynx, Link
Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Paladine, Link
Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Safetytrousers, Link
Date 03/10/2018, Make MSI Sea Hawk, krzychowiec, Link
Date 29/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, mrozik, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, Silent_Scone, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Windforce, Quartz, Link
Date 27/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Gaming, GordyR, Link
Date 26/09/2018, Make EVGA XC Ultra, spikerules, Link
Date 25/09/2018, Make MSI Duke, Smffy, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, LegendaryDread, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2080 Ti.

Soldato
Thats all you need to do if your going on water, then just flash the bios, head over to overclock.net and check the official thread, theres bound to be loads of custom bios as usual...job done. You will still get better MUCH performance than any card with an aircooler out there so dont matter

That’s all I’m thinking really from what I’ve seen in reviews and online. The AIB boards and extra power doesn’t make much if any difference and it’s still all about the silicon lottery as with the last few gens.

I will definitely be putting a block on the card. But probably in a few weeks time once I receive my 9900k (which is on preorder) and maximus 11 formula ;) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom